Berger 200.20x hybrid terminal performance

Grafs had 215s a week ago. The 200.20x is a shorter bearing 215 hybrid. Other than the bearing surface they're very similar. I'd bet the make the liquid of internal organs with massive hydrostatic shock and blood shot! Lol

Anyone know how they shoot compared to the 215 hybrid? Meaning are they easy to get to shoot and are they finicky when it comes to jump? Like how the 215 Hybrids are easy to load for and I don't have to cram them in the lands. Want to try a little light bullet for some more speed and 200 grain seems where I want to be. Plus I have still seen them for sale. These would be more of a plinking coyote load.

Grafs had 215s a week ago. The 200.20x is a shorter bearing 215 hybrid. Other than the bearing surface they're very similar. I'd bet the make the liquid of internal organs with massive hydrostatic shock and blood shot! Lol
Scheel's here in Great Falls have them on their shelves yesterday.

I have shot 2 mature whitetail does with the 200.20x from a .300 Win @3000 fps. The first one was a higher double lung at 220 yards. .308 going in and silver dollar out. Ran 200 yards over a hill with almost no blood trail and skidded dead into a fence on the backside of the hill. The lungs were shredded and the chest cavity was total soup. There was a heck of a mess behind us after we flipped her and started dragging her out.

I have no idea how she could have made it that far up a Western Wisconsin bluff/hill, but wild animals can be tough and the bullet worked perfectly. I'm chalking the lack of blood trail to the higher lung impact as the chest cavity was filling up with every step. I've lunged deer with 200 AB's and have never seen one make it more than 20 yards with less internal carnage, doesn't make sense....

The other at 295 yards got the shoulders. Bang flop with total meat loss of the opposite shoulder and very large exist hole. I have gotten the 200.20x to shoot with virtually zero tuning in the 2 rifles I have tried them in. Loads have shot well from 2850 - 3050 fps in 24 and 26 inch barrels.

That's great to know! Just placed an order for 400 200.20x through creedmoor. What powder where you using in your Win Mag load dzgolf2? I plan on shooting them in a 26 inch 1-10 twist 300WM.

I have shot RL-23, 26, and H1000 with good accuracy. I settled on H1000 in Hornady Brass w/ CCI 250 primers. I shot them well from -.005 to -.040. Never tried anything further. All depths shot pretty much the same, so I loaded -.040 and left it at that.