Berger 200.20x hybrid terminal performance

Has anyone experienced in flight bullet disintegration with the 200.20x? Was shooting a few weeks back and i am pretty sure I had three do this. There was no hit anywhere on the target or area around target.
background: NXS, new 300WM build with 26 inch 1-10 twist Wilson heavy fluted barrel. Light load of 75 gr H1000 for 2830FPS and an SD of 7. Barrel broke in great and there where around 30 rounds down when this took place.
The morning of I was shooting steel and getting a great group at 840 yards (1/2 MOA). Called it quits with the 300 and moved on to the 22 hornet and 338RUM. Later evening (55 degrees) right as sun was going down i decided to add to the 840 yard group. First shot dialed in the same sending it and I hit nothing. I was shooting at a 20x20inch ar500 plate and I didn't hit it nor the virgin clay bank surrounding it the first shot. Second shot added nicely to my previous group. Third shot same as the first, nothing. This had me perplexed so I dialed in at my 500 plate and shot and again I hit nothing and heard no hit. Decided to pack it in and get ahold of Berger the next day and check the rifle.
The rifle was cleaned and checked for rifling burs or snags, and the scope was box checked. All was good. Contacted Berger and they hadn't heard of this happening with these bullets before. I sent in a detailed email with pictures and bullet lot number almost two weeks ago and have not heard anything back yet. Hoping you guys have some ideas??? I shot it again today with the same setup and drilled everything I shot at out to 600. Was it a fluke? I was planning on using this for black bear but am not confident in it now. I checked and rechecked everything from the bedding, NXS scope, bases, etc....

I have never dusted a 200.20x, shot a bit over 750 of them from a 300wsm in my f-open rifle at 2825fps.
I have dusted some 75gr vld from a 22-250ai, 140's from a 26N and had the nose slump issue with 300gr when they came out.
A rough barrel or pushing them hard and any soft cup and core bullet can have problems. Your load is not hot, if it isnt a barrel issue are you possibly damaging them seating? Or maybe they put out a bad batch of bullets.

That's what is bothering me is not hearing back from Berger. Bore looks and cleaned up great. Easiest break in I have had for a barrel break in a long while. They seated well in the Peterson brass. I'm quite anal with my rifles, cleaning, and reloading now days so i Should not have missed some thing that has not been checked many times over. Crazy how they shoot 1/2 MOA to point of aim again Today after cleaning and checking everything out. It's got me boogered🤷🏻‍♂️

Are you positive you have a 10 twist?

I had a 270 win do this with Matrix 165gr bullets out of a 10 twist. One day would group very well. Next time out unpredictable. Would not stabilize.

One of my barrels ordered was a 10 twist. When I run a patch through it is more like 10.25". Shows up when marginally stabilized and conditions changed on me.

Worked great on two big bodied white tail and a doe! One buck at 460, heart shot, didn't go 20 yards(wife's). Other buck was a high shoulder shot at 300 and anchored it. Bullet went all the way through both shoulders and spine and quarter to half dollar size hole out the far side. Doe was 300 and a quartering towards shot and made a good hole but she didn't go down right away so I sent another As she was going doWM and took out a lot of spine and back strap (😩). All where shot with a 300 WM at a slower 2850 muzzle velocity. I will be using them for Game from now on. I will also be getting some 250gr hybrids for the 338 RUM to try.

Worked great on two big bodied white tail and a doe! One buck at 460, heart shot, didn't go 20 yards(wife's). Other buck was a high shoulder shot at 300 and anchored it. Bullet went all the way through both shoulders and spine and quarter to half dollar size hole out the far side. Doe was 300 and a quartering towards shot and made a good hole but she didn't go down right away so I sent another As she was going doWM and took out a lot of spine and back strap (😩). All where shot with a 300 WM at a slower 2850 muzzle velocity. I will be using them for Game from now on. I will also be getting some 250gr hybrids for the 338 RUM to try.

Have you tried 215s at all? Curious on velocity achieved vs the 215s

I know this thread is a couple years old but wanted to share some results from our family Thanksgiving elk hunt this year. My son who's 18, and just joined the Navy, took his first elk this year. She's a small cow and it was a 401 yard shot. He was using some 300 WSM handloads that he and I had loaded together while preparing for the hunt. Shooting his new Christensen FFT 20" barrel rifle, pushing the Berger 200.20x bullets average muzzle velocity of 2,825 fps with IMR-7828ssc. The shot was slightly back but still through the ribs. She instantly dropped when he shot, knocking her down. But then in a couple seconds she was back up on her feet for just a short 30 yard run before falling over. Below is a picture of my proud 18 year old boy posing with his first elk, picture of the blood trail in the snow leading up to her body, and a picture of the exit hole (exit about the size of a tennis ball). I feel like this bullet offered exceptional performance on this elk at 400 yard impact velocity. And this should be a good indication as to how this bullet will perform on large deer size game. Thinking of trying these 200.20x bullets out in my new Seekins 300 PRC on Texas white tails for medium to long range.

Attachments

• IMG_8207.jpeg
    IMG_8207.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8202.jpeg
    IMG_8202.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8199.jpeg
    IMG_8199.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 36