Bergara Wilderness Ridge or Savage 110 High Country

The 270 wsm and 7mm-08 are the most accurate Tikka's I have and I have a Savage 110 in 30-06 and another Savage Axis 243. My old Rem 788 22-250 is more accurate than my Bergara 22-250.
Tough to beat the old Rem 788s for accuracy. That's why Remington stopped making them because they were as accurate as the rem 700s but for a lot less $. I have on in 7-08 and it still shoots dime size groups after spending years riding in the rack as my truck gun.

Tough to beat the old Rem 788s for accuracy. That's why Remington stopped making them because they were as accurate as the rem 700s but for a lot less $. I have on in 7-08 and it still shoots dime size groups after spending years riding in the rack as my truck gun.
Fugly rifle, shoots groups you can cover with a dime. I wish I had one in 7mm-08. Jealous!

I keep going back to savage because I've shot em for years and they have performed great for me always. Of course the ability to swap barrels is very enticing always but I've heard you can do similar on the tikka now with prefits ? I've heard such good things about tikka that I'm actually considering making the switch after 15 years of nothing but savages.

I keep going back to savage because I've shot em for years and they have performed great for me always. Of course the ability to swap barrels is very enticing always but I've heard you can do similar on the tikka now with prefits ? I've heard such good things about tikka that I'm actually considering making the switch after 15 years of nothing but savages.
Yeah it's a hard choice for me haha! I posted on here with the intentions I had it narrowed down to the Bergara Ridge, or the Savage High Country, but now Tikka is really got my attention and then the CA Mesa

My vote would be for the savage... I have owned 5 savages and all shot under an inch, and 3 under .5 inch. 1967 110, Stevens 200, Axis II, Hog Hunter, and 110 Tactical.

But Tikkas are great rifles, too. Smoother bolts.
Nice! I guess it'll really come down to what I can get my hands on

Yeah it's a hard choice for me haha! I posted on here with the intentions I had it narrowed down to the Bergara Ridge, or the Savage High Country, but now Tikka is really got my attention and then the CA Mesa
For what it's worth, I've heard and read "hit and miss" reports on CA rifles. They either work really well or they are very frustrating to get any kind of decent group. Sadly, a bit similar to Bergaras.

Sad thing I purchased two Bergara, one 7mag the grandson grad present last year and my 6.5 Creed, the 7 mag out of the box accurate, no time in n getting it down to .5 MOA, the 6.5 Creed with 140 Berger Hybrids, PITA to keep it shooting below 1 MOA. I have not tried any other bullets yet in the Creed, but have some Hammers arriving tomorrow and have 130 Berger VLD to try as well.

Sad thing I purchased two Bergara, one 7mag the grandson grad present last year and my 6.5 Creed, the 7 mag out of the box accurate, no time in n getting it down to .5 MOA, the 6.5 Creed with 140 Berger Hybrids, PITA to keep it shooting below 1 MOA. I have not tried any other bullets yet in the Creed, but have some Hammers arriving tomorrow and have 130 Berger VLD to try as well.
I think you'll like the Hammers. I have. I now have lots of left over Barnes 7mm/.284 bullets in various weights and types, mostly TTSX, but don't regret switching everything from .204 Ruger to .300 WM over to Hammers.