Bergara Wilderness Ridge or Savage 110 High Country

My tikka is a 6.5 creedmoor so no help with your recoil question. It does however wear an Alterra stock which is awesome. Recoil is simple physics. Light weight rifles in large cartridges and heavy bullets add up to more felt recoil. Proper fit and design can mitigate that some.

I've got a high country in 300 wm that I am really happy with. It is a sub-MOA shooter, even with me behind it! That being said I think you can find similar accuracy from Tikkas and Brownings (at least in my experience) and I haven't spent much time around Bergaras.

My sons 6.5 prc browning X does super subs under .5 moa. w/140s to 150s. It's totally insane!! Never seen this from factory!! I would definitely give him the green light on hunting any game with it!!!

Far and away the easy button is a Tikka T3 in .300 WM. Add a Limbsaver pad and if you wish to go with bullets heavier than 180's go with the 200 Nosler and you're golden. Personally, I'd go 180 NBT and call it a day.

Life's short make it easy and hunt hard!
Thanks for the comment! Started looking into the Tikka T3x Veil Widelander like a member commented about earlier and it looks like it's a good rifle, I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on one to see how it feels.

My sons 6.5 prc browning X does super subs under .5 moa. w/140s to 150s. It's totally insane!! Never seen this from factory!! I would definitely give him the green light on hunting any game with it!!!
I am really considering the 6.5 PRC from everything I've seen on it, if I go that route I'll have to trade all my 300 win mag for 6.5 PRC 😂

As others have said, you can't go wrong with the tikka. There's also plenty of aftermarket mods if you choose to pursue that.

Gotta say though, my x-bolt in 300 wsm is the most accurate factory rifle I've ever shot, putting 3 shots in an inch or so at 300 yards with the Norma 165 loads. Downside to the brownings is that you better like it pretty much exactly as it comes, since there's basically zilch for aftermarket stocks and whatnot.

I'm stuck between the Bergara Ridge and the Savage 110 High Country, Chambered in 300 win mag (I am kind of considering 6.5 PRC but have already picked up several boxes of 300 win mag), I am stationed in Fairbanks Alaska so it would be used for Caribou, Moose and Bear. I perviously had a Bergara Ridge in 30-06 but could not get it to hold groups so I sent it to Bergara this past March and they were still trying to work the accuracy issue out with it as of today (has been hard for them to get ammo to shoot it) they said the best they could get it to group was 1.5" so they offered a refund and I took it due to Caribou season opening August 10th I gotta get a good LR rifle in my hands. My budget is right around $1200 so I looked at the Christensen Mesa but have heard some horror stories. All in-put is welcome because I am just starting to get my feet wet in long range hunting ( Alaska hunting is way diffrent then Kentucky) The scope that will be on the rifle is a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 BDC reticle
I have both those models but in 7 mag . They both shoot very well . The savage I use in the mountains . High country hiking, back packing. That sort of thing . The Bergara I use for more open country on a tri pod . Can't go wrong on either one . Good luck and happy hunting .

As others have said, you can't go wrong with the tikka. There's also plenty of aftermarket mods if you choose to pursue that.

Gotta say though, my x-bolt in 300 wsm is the most accurate factory rifle I've ever shot, putting 3 shots in an inch or so at 300 yards with the Norma 165 loads. Downside to the brownings is that you better like it pretty much exactly as it comes, since there's basically zilch for aftermarket stocks and whatnot.
I'm going to do some more digging into the x-bolt, it seems like most guys like the tikka or the x-bolt so that helps point me in the right direction, whatever I do get tho will be left factory so the x-bolt aftermarket will be just fine

I have both those models but in 7 mag . They both shoot very well . The savage I use in the mountains . High country hiking, back packing. That sort of thing . The Bergara I use for more open country on a tri pod . Can't go wrong on either one . Good luck and happy hunting .
Nice thanks for the comment!! I assume it's safe to say both are within 1 MOA?

Another vote for Tikka. I have 3 Tikka's t3s, 3 x-bolts, 2 Bergara and 2 Savages. The Tikka will consistently shoot better groups with multiple factory ammo choices. X-bolt is second. Then Savage and lastly the Bergara's. Selling both Bergara rifles and buying a Rem 700. At least I can easily gunsmith on a Rem 700 and make it a shooter. I'm comfortable with that platform.