Bergara premier?

I bought one in September in 6.5. Shot Hornady Match ammo in it to break in barrel. First factory rifle I had to put hole in hole at 100 yards. Some may complain its heavy but it makes me a better shooter with some heft. Haven't bothered to hand load it yet since factory shoots so good.

I bought one in September in 6.5. Shot Hornady Match ammo in it to break in barrel. First factory rifle I had to put hole in hole at 100 yards. Some may complain its heavy but it makes me a better shooter with some heft. Haven't bothered to hand load it yet since factory shoots so good.
This is great news:). I saw it was about 1lb heavier than the xbolt mcmillan. Since it is a dedicated coyote gun, I am hoping it isn't too bad.

What did you think of the trigger?

This is great news:). I saw it was about 1lb heavier than the xbolt mcmillan. Since it is a dedicated coyote gun, I am hoping it isn't too bad.

What did you think of the trigger?
The Trigger Tech is a definite step up from the Browning X-Bolt and Savage triggers I have. But triggers are very subjective so you have to judge that yourself.
Also I picked out the gun that had the tightest group on the sample target. .316 I believe.

I've got the premier approach in 6.5 creedmore it shoots .5" at 200yrds the only thing the rifle needs right from the start is a nice bedding job then your good to go.

Just went and picked her up from the FFL thismorning...i am super impressed with fit and finish - will try and get out next weekend and run a few rounds threw her. I have a Vortex PST 2 5-25x50 FFP and a VX5HD 3-15x56 that need a home. I am leaning heavily towards the leupy for this gun since it's sole purpose in this life is to kill coyotes :)

0DDC079B-5445-4FF4-9B36-389CED6FCA88.jpeg

I also have the premier approach - its stupid how accurate it is. And the action is silky smooth - like I have to double check that it picked up a round when I run the bolt. Sweet stick! Vet owned company out of Georgia putting these premiers together - i feel like they are as nice as a full blown custom.

I do not own the premier series, but have two B14 HMR on in 7 mm Rem Mag for the Grandson grad present, it shoots .549 all day with hand loads and I have the B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots .646 with cheap American Eagle 120gr loads. I plan to use this rifle for deer season with custom loads in 140gr Berger EOL.

I personally had a bad experience with them. It was with a b14 Hunter in 30-06. Its my wife's rifle. The first one shot everything around 2" except one load I developed for it that shot .75. I sent the rifle in and bergara sent us a brand new rifle. I was pretty impressed at this point. Took the new rifle out and it shot factory around 1.25" on first outing to get barrel broke in. Took it back out with some hand loads. Had 3 or 4 groups around .5-.75". I was very happy. Went back out and same load shot over an inch. I've tried everything under the sun. I've cleaned and stripped the barrel of all copper. I've checked all torque. Tried new scope, tried several different ammo brands. Sent it back and they sent me the rifle back saying it shot a .8" group with 168 factory federal Berger ammo. I haven't shot the rifle since. I'll buy a box and hope that it shoots ok. If not the rifle will probably move on down the road. Or it will get a bartlein.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.