Bergara premier?

FIGJAM

This is a little backward, normally I do a bunch of research before I pull the trigger - I just picked up a Bergara Premier Approach in 6mm Creedmoor for a new coyote gun. I was dead set on the same caliber in X-bolt mcMillan, but found a deal and made a somewhat emotional purchase on this Bergara. I don't really know anything about Bergara, let alone the Premier series. Anybody shooting one of the Premier models? What is the good, the bad and the ugly?

This is a little backward, normally I do a bunch of research before I pull the trigger - I just picked up a Bergara Premier Approach in 6mm Creedmoor for a new coyote gun. I was dead set on the same caliber in X-bolt mcMillan, but found a deal and made a somewhat emotional purchase on this Bergara. I don't really know anything about Bergara, let alone the Premier series. Anybody shooting one of the Premier models? What is the good, the bad and the ugly?
My B-14s are good, no bad or ugly.:D
HMR 6.5 creedmoor is .5 to .2 moa at 100, with factory ammo my B-14 .300wm is .5 moa.

You'll love this gun!!! If you don't for some reason can I have first dibs on it. Probably give you 1/2 MOA at a hundred or less. Pm me if you want to sale it after you shoot it. Have fun blasting them coyotes!!!

Man - I know its only a couple of responses, but you guys took me out of panic mode wondering if I made a mistake! Lol
Just let me know. I'm not kidding they make great firearms. Glad to hear you got a deal on your new Bergara. You'll come to appreciate your new gun. They're a ton of fun, when your hitting everything you shoot at. Just be careful not to offend your buddies when hunting with them. I have had good friends that never want to go shooting again since they were out shot. Even though I never bragged or made fun of them. I don't get it. We are still friends but they are afraid of not shooting well, so they don't want to go. I don't care how bad a person shoots as long as they are safe. I'll even coach them to be a better shot if they want advice. Or even help them tune their rifle. I'm not going to shove it down their throats thou. Away enjoy your new toy!!

Just let me know. I'm not kidding they make great firearms. Glad to hear you got a deal on your new Bergara. You'll come to appreciate your new gun. They're a ton of fun, when your hitting everything you shoot at. Just be careful not to offend your buddies when hunting with them. I have had good friends that never want to go shooting again since they were out shot. Even though I never bragged or made fun of them. I don't get it. We are still friends but they are afraid of not shooting well, so they don't want to go. I don't care how bad a person shoots as long as they are safe. I'll even coach them to be a better shot if they want advice. Or even help them tune their rifle. I'm not going to shove it down their throats thou. Away enjoy your new toy!!

You'll be the first one I PM if I decide I don't want it. The more I read about it the more excited i am though :)

You'll be the first one I PM if I decide I don't want it. The more I read about it the more excited i am though :)
Thanks!! I'm sure you'll love it. Make sure you clean your barrel extremely well before firing it for the first time. Then follow the braken procedure. Have fun with that new gun!

I have a premier series mountain rifle in 6.5 CM. Groups .5-1" 3 shot groups, then opens up. Made well. Sometimes just wished it had heavier barrel like the approach or highlander bc I like to shoot a lot too. Gun is mainly hunting rifle so it's good to go. I have other rifles for range, but I like to shoot what I hunt with a lot.

I have a premier series mountain rifle in 6.5 CM. Groups .5-1" 3 shot groups, then opens up. Made well. Sometimes just wished it had heavier barrel like the approach or highlander bc I like to shoot a lot too. Gun is mainly hunting rifle so it's good to go. I have other rifles for range, but I like to shoot what I hunt with a lot.
What kind of stock does yours have? It looks like my Approach comes with a Grayboe which I don't have any experience with.

What kind of stock does yours have? It looks like my Approach comes with a Grayboe which I don't have any experience with.
My rifle has a carbon fiber stock. I really like it. I have 2 other rifles with grayboe stocks and like them. I would rather have best of both and have a lighter carbon fiber stock that would accept heavier contour barrel.

Can't go wrong...fire at will!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.