Bergara Premier HMR Pro 300 Win Mag

BIG_LT

I'm wanting to get this rifle for my ELR and I've been looking for a couple weeks and can't really seem to find a lot of people that have them, but when I do find a forum where the rifle comes up, the people that do have them love them and highly recommend them for people that can't/don't want to go the custom route. There's not even really many youtube videos about them. I don't have the time to wait for a custom to be built nor the money for a custom.

Does anyone have this rifle in 300 Win Mag and care to give any real world feedback?

Just curious if you have found any more info? I'm interested in a 300 win mag B14 HMR and am having trouble finding anything. My brother has a 6.5 and loves it but he's not into long range shooting like I'm hoping to get this for entry level.

I've only gotten crickets on here. Got some good info on where to start with handloading, but nothing else. I saw quite a bit about the B14 while searching for info on the Pro. It was all good feedback, I don't think you could go wrong with it for entry level.

There have been dozens of new rifle designs released this year with Bergara being the newest of the manufacturers. In essence, there may be reviews out there but they might be few and far between since the real emphasis has been on the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 6.5 PRC versions. This website has not shown any extraordinary support for Bergara other than a few questions occasionally. But that's to be expected until Bergara makes more headway here in the States.

I have the HMR Pro in 6.5 CM and I use it as a PRS rifle and have had no complaints about it, especially for the price. It is definitely a sub moa gun shooting the 140 RDFs.

I have the approach in 300 win mag. Absolutely awesome rifle! Just killed an elk with it. Shoots the federal 180 barnes tsx and the federal trophy copper 180's around .25". Elk was done early so we did some shooting. Shot 3 groups with the approach and at 500 yds with the trophy copper 180's and average was 2.25" for the 3 groups. Stock is great and the action is very slick. Bw me, my sons, and a friend we have 8 bergaras. We have found 2-3 factory ammo choices that will all shoot in that .25"-.4" group range. I love them.

I have the HMR in 6.5 and I'm extremely happy with it. I'm thinking now of getting another in 300WM. I really don't see the need for the Pro. My trigger is very nice and the rifle shoots 1/4 to 1/2 MOA and it is still basically new with less than 150 rounds through it.

Last edited:
I actually ended up buying a 300wm and I love it! Shoots 1moa with the cheapest ammo at academy and a little better with hornady.

Bergara will stand by their warranty. I had a 30-06 b14 Hunter that they replaced for accuracy issues. Brand New rifle. Hard to beat that kinda warranty when they honor it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.