Bergara Premier Highlander vs Christensen Arms Mesa

Have you ever built a rifle for below $2k? If so, how did it perform
I built a 280 AI by myself. Mainly because I just wanted to build one on my own. Went through Northland Shooters Supply. Rem 700 SS trued action, Timney trigger, Grayboe stock, 24" SS Criterion barrel (Remage) with APA microbastard brake. Just under $2K. Shoots tiny groups. Krieger makes Criterion barrels. Difference is they are button rifled not cut.
It was surprisingly easy to install and headspace. Got all the installation materials from Northland Shooters Supply, too. It was a fun project.

Well , my groups are killing milk jugs at 650 yds
Nice! Do you hand load or use factory? I actually ended up getting the Highlander over the weekend because almost everyone on here recommended it.

Can't wait to get my Seekins rail mounted to it so I can shoot it

I have the Highlander in 6.5cm. It shoots factory's into a 3/4" group at 200 yards. I have a couple of hand loads worked up that shrunk that to 1/2" at 200. I like the gun. Well balanced. The only thing I had an issue with the firing pin not hitting hard enough like 1 in 10 shots. Called Bergara and I had another spring in 4 days. I replaced it and it's been fine every since. That was from a model built in 2018. I would definitely buy another one. Well made and shoot great and consistent.

Update on this, ended to going with the Bergara because literally everyone on this thread recommended it over the CA. I have a Seekins scope base on order, can't wait for it to arrive so I can shoot it. I have no doubt that one I get my hands on H1000, the rifle will group extremely well.

Anyone that have the Highlander bed their scope base?

I'm a huge Weatherby fan....so I would like to throw it out here for you to consider! With the world the way it is today....buy local! Local support!
Wratherby vanguards arent made locally so you're not supporting or buying local. They are made in Japan in the same place howas are made. The bergara premier series is actually build in the United States. Just so you know.

Thanks
Wratherby vanguards arent made locally so you're not supporting or buying local. They are made in Japan in the same place howas are made. The bergara premier series is actually build in the United States. Just so you
Actually Bergara are made in Spain if you look...possibly some are ASSEMBLED in the U.S. Howa you are correct...made in Japan...Vanguard I believe...also ASSEMBLED in the U.S. neither truly American but the Vangaurd warranty is U.S.

Actually Bergara are made in Spain if you look...possibly some are ASSEMBLED in the U.S. Howa you are correct...made in Japan...Vanguard I believe...also ASSEMBLED in the U.S. neither truly American but the Vangaurd warranty is U.S.
No the vanguard is not assembled in the US. They are assembled in Japan like I said. And the bergara premier line up is assembled in Georgia to be specific I do believe.

No the vanguard is not assembled in the US. They are assembled in Japan like I said. And the bergara premier line up is assembled in Georgia to be specific I do believe.
I just read that the vangaurd actions are made in Japan but the rifles are assembled in turkey. Not sure if that's 100 percent true, just what I read.