Bergara Premier Highlander vs Christensen Arms Mesa

I shoot 215 in three different 300 win mags. All of the are 1:10 twist and 3000 fps in a 3 grove 26" lilja. I have both bergara and a Christensen's.
If you don't mind my asking, where do you live? If you have any kind of elevation, it's prob fine. At sea level or close to it, I and numerous others have been challenged.

my gun would shoot 1 moa groups but that wasn't acceptable to me.

Rem action 400
Trigger 150
Barrel 400
True action install barrel 600
Stock 400-600
If you go with a less expensive stock you can get in for under $2000.

I am looking at getting a 300 win mag for hunting out west and I think I have it narrowed down to the Bergara Premier Highlander and Christensen Arms Mesa. Has anyone shot these 2 rifles or have experience with them? They are similar weight with similar features. BUT, the Begara retails for about $500 more. Is the Begara worth this extra premium? Both companies offer sub-moa guarantee. From what I have seen online, the Begara seems to be a tack driver and groups slightly better then the Mesa.
I have a begara B-14 HMR, it is fantastic. It performs , as advertised. Either rifle you are looking for is a good choice. You can save some $, and buy a bergara, and spend the $$ you save, on optics. I went with Sig's BDX scope.

My 300 WM HMR with 1:10 has shot little groups from day one and still does.
300wm load 120-123.jpg
I've had it 3 years and taken 3 elk. Not bad for a $850.00 gun . Load1-4 & 120-123. Elevation groups shot 1080'

300 win mag load.png

My 300 WM HMR with 1:10 has shot little groups from day one and still does. View attachment 243303I've had it 3 years and taken 3 elk. Not bad for a $850.00 gun . Load1-4 & 120-123. Elevation groups shot 1080'

View attachment 243302
Those are some great groups! The HMR seems to be a very popular gun, just a bit on thr heavier side for what I am looking for. BUT you can't argue with those results!

I am looking at getting a 300 win mag for hunting out west and I think I have it narrowed down to the Bergara Premier Highlander and Christensen Arms Mesa. Has anyone shot these 2 rifles or have experience with them? They are similar weight with similar features. BUT, the Begara retails for about $500 more. Is the Begara worth this extra premium? Both companies offer sub-moa guarantee. From what I have seen online, the Begara seems to be a tack driver and groups slightly better then the Mesa.
Bergara

Only one thought here from me...for what it's worth...Begara is made in Spain and from what I have heard... customer service isn't good...so if you choose it....I would ask the dealer if he is personally going to stand behind the gun....IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS...God forbid!

Recent Posts