Bergara HMR or Hells Canyon Long Range

My only concern about the Browning LR is the 1/7 twist, what would you give up with the 140 grain bullets? I know the twist is intended for the newer heavies 150ish. I like the Browning for the reasons you mentioned, especially the 60 deg bolt lift and lighter contour barrel. I did happen across a NIB Rem 5r Gen 2 for $800 out the door.....[/QU
OTE]

Cabelas right now!
image.png

The fast twist could potentially give you a little lower velocity. It will spin the bullet faster and with more RPMs your spin drift will increase at longer range but you will have an extremely stable bullet. I have shot Berger ammo loaded with a 185 Classic Hunter bullet which is light for a 300 Winchester and it shot 1/2 inch groups. Given all the reason listed above, I think of the X Bolt highly. Also, their barrels are easy to clean. I cleaned mine after 50-60 shots and it didn't need much. I would look at the faster twist as a benefit since you will have options for bullets in the future if you want to shoot heavier that you might be limited on with a slower twist.

I am shooting a Hells Canyon McMillian Ambush and it was easy to clean. I thought all X Bolt had the proprietary lapping process. I had heard that stated somewhere but that could be incorrect.

I went Browning. The magazine is great and the bolt is much nicer for hunting.

The Browning will also likely be lighter.

For the rest (trigger, accuracy, etc.) they're probably fairly evenly matched.
If you hit your mark the bolt throw degree is irrelevant 😜, one shot should be all you need.