Bergara HMR and Premier Warranty

Just bought a Highlander 6.5PRC, and I'm curious what everyone's experience is with Bergara rifles and/or their warranty. I've heard great things, read a few bad things, but I figured I would give it a go and try them out. Not sure how I feel about the brand, yet.

Last edited:
Well here's what your warranty got me, after sending it back and receiving it for extraction issues.

Not feeling like a part of the Bergara family. Feeling like I spent a lot of money on a bolt action muzzle loader.
This issue has been resolved .You spoke with chad and a refund will be issued.

Just bought a Highlander 6.5PRC, and I'm curious what everyone's experience is with Bergara rifles and/or their warranty. I've heard great things, read a few bad things, but I figured I would give it a go and try them out. Not sure how I feel about the brand, yet.
I have not had to use there warranty, but I have purchased a 7mm Rem Mag in B14 HMR and it is awesome, very accurate, I also have a B14 HMR in 6.5 Creed, it is accurate, but the 7 mag was easier for me to dial in.

Yes, I am being refunded. First time I've heard of, or had, a manufactur buying back a firearm. That is great customer service that should never have to be used. I'm still very disappointed in the outcome, however, because I did a lot of research on the brand and was very much looking forward to owning a Premier. I know that there are many, many, happy customers. I'm not sure why Bergara was more willing to refund me versus fixing the issue. While I'm disappointed, I'm glad that it's been resolved.

We don't know what transpired between Mile High Redneck and Bergara but I would guess Mr Redneck was demanding more from Bergara than they were willing to provide.

We don't know what transpired between Mile High Redneck and Bergara but I would guess Mr Redneck was demanding more from Bergara than they were willing to provide.
I only demanded a rifle that worked. I bought the gun, rounds wouldn't extract, I sent the gun to Bergara, they told me everything is fine, I received the gun back, still will not extract rounds, I talk to Bergara, said they can't fix it, they offer to refund my money. Literally happened just like that.

And FWIW, they have great customer service purely based on the fact they are willing to give me my money back.

Last edited:
@Jose-Bergara, would you agree with this resolution? Bergara couldn't fix an extraction problem?
It was the best option for both parties we feel . We got the gun in and tested it with factory Hornady ammunition and could not replicate the issue it. ran fine for our gunsmiths. We want everyone to be happy so we deemed this the best option for all.

I like to think we have a pretty solid Warranty . Our customer service reps are always answering any questions you have via phone /email.
Your warranty sucks! I have a HMR Pro 300PRC with light primer strikes. But because I reload you won't stand behind your product. I've had 5 ftf in less than 200 rounds and it's obvious the primer strikes are light just looking at them compared to other cases from other guns. I've never had issues with light strikes till this gun. I called and the tech told me "sorry can't help you" cause you are reloading. Ridiculous!

Your warranty sucks! I have a HMR Pro 300PRC with light primer strikes. But because I reload you won't stand behind your product. I've had 5 ftf in less than 200 rounds and it's obvious the primer strikes are light just looking at them compared to other cases from other guns. I've never had issues with light strikes till this gun. I called and the tech told me "sorry can't help you" cause you are reloading. Ridiculous!
Shoot me an email to [email protected] attn JOSE