Bergara her b14

Joejack

I know some people say they have had trouble with Bergara rifles I bought one in March I have had nothing but good things to say about it 6mm creedmoor 115gr Bergers 3050fps probably the most accurate trouble free factory rifle I have ever owned. 3 shots 115 Bergers at 750yds 95 de

Attachments

• 1D1ABA66-CD73-4674-B066-3ED071A9F3B7.jpeg
    1D1ABA66-CD73-4674-B066-3ED071A9F3B7.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 382
I have purchased two one for the Grandson in 7mm Rem Mag and one in 6.5 Creedmoor for me. I am like you, I think they are the best factory rifle you can buy and make shoot without having to change anything. I spent most of my time from early spring breaking in the 7 mag and developing a load for him. It has shot Sub MOA and the load I settled on had an ES of 12 and SD of 6. The 6.5 Creed, I have not had the time since it became scorching hot, but with 15 rounds it is holding MOA to Sub MOA.

I have a Bergara HMR Pro 6.5C and have trouble with empty cases falling of the extractor before ejection and fowling the next feed. Action feels sweet nice nice triggers and ACCURATE. One of my buddies has a B14 for his son and they like it a lot. The same buddy just bought a B-14 R and its super accurate.

I have been doing load development at 500 yards for 6-7 yrs, and have shot some nice test groups with custom chamberings. But the best group I have ever seen shot at 500 came about a month ago, Bergara B14 6 Creedmoor, this was after a 60fps velocity drop and trying to bring the load back. The group was under a half inch, so if you subtract bullet dia, it was tight.
I have yet to see a Bergara that does not shoot well.
I do feel on our test subject barrel, that the barrel steel is soft though, I have never seen a barrel exhibit such throat wear. Way excessive for the rd count, and the guy does not warm it up. I will continue shooting 10 more rds while his cools off, i have the luxury of grabbing a 2nd rifle when he is ready to resume.

I bought a B-14 R a week ago and it's lights out right out of the box. The only thing I don't like is the trigger pull weight adjustment. Like a majority of the mass produced "Target" rifles, the minimum is over 2#. Just another $150 for an after market trigger.