Bergara Barreled action build in 6.5 PRC

JAYgs8163

Just had this finished up and back from Cerakote. Came out really nice. Will head to the range this weekend. Looking at running a 156 Berger in it. Picked up the stock and bottom metal from Grayboe on their 4th of July sale, picked up a Triggertech Primary Independence Day trigger for $99 at optics planet, and got the barreled action from Brownells on the 4th sale as well. CT scope (made in Japan with ED glass) EGW HD rail and Warne rings. Action is impressive to say the least but I've yet to shoot it, super smooth and feeds flawlessly. Feed ramps polished and some other minor metal work, stock work, and went together real nice. Complete bedding job done. Battle worn paint scheme. Thanks to Nate and his guys at Bergara for some help and advice.
E3610F62-3917-45AA-ABC4-92ACB5390267.jpeg
98573157-E95F-4E9E-BCD0-4D8D26E310F2.jpeg
703533BC-B161-4E2E-B0D6-E25A2AE07B2C.jpeg

Last edited:
I am looking to put together a 6.5 prc and a Bergara barreled action is one I am interested in. How does your gun shoot now that you've had it a couple months?

It's shot great so far. I've done a break in and have shot sub half moa with factory Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELDX ammo. The action is butter smooth. It's a modified short action. I have not had the chance to do any load development at this time. I have a second 6.5PRC that I built also but I used a defiance long action which allows me the ability to seat load further out and I built that rifle to specifically run the 156 Berger. This is the other rig. I've got a couple of other projects going right now so I may be selling that Bergara to free up some funds.

0A07626B-0784-430D-B91F-3341357EA273.jpeg

Custom paint job?
Both rifles are custom yes. The top rifles is a stainless Bergara Premier action and Barrel from their custom shop in GA. Yes, it's all custom built. Polished feed ramps and action tuned to feed PRC better, barreled action and bottom metal completely bedded, only thing that came from Bergara was the barreled action. I had it fluted. Stock and bottom metal was bought from Grayboe custom shop. Cerakote and Smith work done in Tucson at my Smith. It's also been sold.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.