Bergara Barrel Contour Stock Fit Question

BigSky!

I have a question and am hoping someone more knowledgeable than me (large pool there) can help. I have a Bergara Premier LRP 6.5 Creedmoor. If you are familiar with the rifle, it sits in a nice XLR Element folding stock chassis. I am considering selling the rifle as I'm not into the "chassis". However, before I do, since I absolutely love the Bergara Premier rifles/actions, I'm considering trying it in a "standard" stock.

We have a member who has a Remington HS Precision take off stock that he thinks has a barrel channel of "medium bull". Forgive me as I know only slightly less about barrel contours than I do astro physics. It is my understanding that the Bergara Premier LRP has a Bergara #5.5 contour which I have read described as a "heavy palma" contour.

Based on the descriptions I have provided, should his stock work? Additionally, based on what my research has shown, can anybody translate that contour to a more standard, if there is such a thing, contour? Thanks in advance.

With apologies to the forum and to the admin, I'm placing this in two separate forums as the knowledge base I seek may be broad enough; but, might simply not come across this post in just one.

I would imagine you may need to open the HS medium bull barrel channel a bit to fit the Bergara. Its easy to do with an appropriate sized dowel and sand paper stapled to it along edges wrapped to the top when sanding. You can probably call Stocky's customer service to get the HS barrel channel dimensions.

Good luck in your quest.

LF, I believe that is the exact stock I got to test my question and it required no modification.

To all, my problem has been solved.