Bergara B14 Wilderness Ridge/Terrain Rifle

Wachsmann

If anyone has one of these rifle I have 2 questions. How does it shoot for as accuracy and with the 20 inch barrel what or your measured velocities you getting out of your normal over the counter loads?
I suspect with the 20 inch barrel your loosing between 30 to 75fps on normal 168 grain over the counter loads.

So I been all over the internet and I would say at best what I could find was the 308 with a 20inch barrel runs a 168 about 2650 with some good handloads maxing out accuracy and velocity The 175 are about 2600fps. I wish Bergara would have made this rifle with a 24 inch barrel. I used to have a 26inch 308 that could get the 175's (amax)to 2750-2775 with really good accuracy. The 168 Amax would run at 2800. Probably never should sold it off. Reason for this post is I have not been completely happy with a 6.5 Creed I had bought. Its not the cartridge its more the gun. The action is very rough with lots of tool marks in the action boat race ways. It makes for a sticky felling action when trying to work it back and forth. With that said it was a very cheep special run for Cabela's about a year or so ago. I might just go with a 6.5 creed in the Bergara to use as a steal banger and a deer/antelope gun. I think the 6.5PRC will burn the throat out to quick if it was to get used this way. This was also my reason for looking at the 308. Almost endless life of shooting. I probably shoot about 600 to 800 rounds a year always practicing long range stuff or developing loads. Its been a very satisfying hobby.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.