Bergara B14 Ridge, 7-08, Meopta 6

7stw

Guys, just bought a new rifle, as written above, rifle is better then the pics I saw of it before ordering. Has 22 inch barrel, 9.5 twist, heavy contour. (#5).
Bought Warne rings and bases, and installed Meopta, 3-18x50, ballistic crosshair, BDC, that is illuminated by ambient lite. I'm particularly happy with whole package, trigger is insane as shipped, no creep, 2 lbs.
Looking for any experiences, or similarities, or thoughts. First time I've bought a Bergara.

Congrats on your new rifle & scope , that's going to be a great combo for sure , I'm a 708 fan and run one on a re barreled browning bbr, awhile back I got my 1st Meopta meopro 4.5x14x44 with a mchorter retical , like it but need more trigger time ,Excited and can't Waite to hear your report on your new combo .Cheers !!!

Congrats on your new rifle & scope , that's going to be a great combo for sure , I'm a 708 fan and run one on a re barreled browning bbr, awhile back I got my 1st Meopta meopro 4.5x14x44 with a mchorter retical , like it but need more trigger time ,Excited and can't Waite to hear your report on your new combo .Cheers !!!
Thanks for replying, I may be picking your brain on load data, however I think it's gonna be easy to load for. Ive not been this excited in a long time, as I am on this on. I've always loved all things 7mm, have owned and shot nearly all other popular 7's before, but somehow skipped over the 08. The rifle, came to be after a huge bit of research, and the scope, came as a recommendation from my dealer, which I had my eye on, pardon the pun. The Warne rings and bases are rock solid. Some people don't like them, oh well!
The optics on this scope are bar none, the sharpest of anything I've ever looked through. Crosshair not too busy, and the illuminated part is just right.
What bullet are you using in your 08? I'm considering 162ELD-x.

Your Very welcome !!!, my powder of choice is h4350 with a Sierra Tipped 160 MK and they shot great ,haven't tried the Eldx orM's,don't discount anything lighter the 708 is very user friendly . Hornadys 154 sp,swifts Scirroco 150 through it likes a jump to the lands ,Varget with 140'sand don't forgets Speers Hot cores 130,145,160,CFE 223 powder with light bullets 120's for sure ,the new Stabill 6.5 powder is supposed to be great ,I've not tryed it as yet but will , I'm excited for you and can't Waite to here your reports,Cheers !!!.

Just a little follow up on this rifle. It seems to not have a preference to bullet weight, as I've shot 140, 150, and 168, with good success. As far as powder, it seems to like RL17, and Varget, who knew!
The rifle itself, broke in, as expected, and tightened up right at the 100 round mark, to the tune of .191, with 140ct, and Varget.
Not settled on a load yet, but this one is a contender for sure.
The barrel, is a four groove, cleans well, and is smooth, no rollercoaster feel. Fit and finish is excellent, and trigger, out of the box, is so good, I didn't bother changing it. By far, one of the nicest rifles I've owned.
The scope, just amazes me everytime I look through it. The clarity, is incredible, at any distance, and the parralax, is spot on, at the distances on the dial. This scope, uses ambient lite to illuminate the Cross hair, and is very functional, and not overpowering. During daylite, it is red. As the lite fades, it turns a green color, and can be seen well after legal lite is gone.
Overall, I would definitely recommend, both the rifle, and scope, to anyone interested in either!
JMHO 7