Bergara B14 Hunter

Will accessories for the Rem 700 fit the Bergara? Like scope bases, replacement triggers, etc?

Triggers will fit. Your main discrepancy is going to be the thicker recoil lug on the Bergara. If you're wanting to use an aftermarket Rem 700 stock you may have to remove some material in that area of the stock before you bed the action. Think of the Bergara B-14 as a rudimentary custom 700...with a great price tag.

Range report coming next week.

UPDATE ON MY BERGARA B-14

I mounted an optic to my Bergara and made a trip to the range on 1/20/2017. The factory trigger is horrible. The accuracy was not impressive. When I contacted Bergara's customer service about the trigger they were the worst I've dealt with in my many years of shooting.

I was hoping this thing would best the Tikka T3. Not even close. Moving on.

Last edited:

I mounted an optic to my Bergara and made a trip to the range on 1/20/2017. The factory trigger is horrible. The accuracy was not impressive. When I contacted Bergara's customer service about the trigger they were the worst I've dealt with in my many years of shooting.

BUMMER, I am sorry to hear that! :(

I hope you resolve it with little or no cost to you.

Good luck!

You obviously adjusted the trigger per the manual ???????

You obviously adjusted the trigger per the manual ???????

Yes sir. I went through its range. There is some inconsistent creep that leads me to believe that there is a bur toward the far left or far right of the contact surface. It's a very easy fix for them but I'm not sending it to BPI. I'm going to put in a Triggertech and go from there.

I did get it back to the bench with a 178gr ELD-X and the groups tightened up some but it's nothing that will blow your hair back.

I do like the stock on the B-14 far more than the factory stocks that came on my Tikkas but because of the customer service and ho-hum accuracy you're better off with a T3. Also, I've never had a bad Tikka trigger.

I wanted to love this one...

I just picked up one of these in 7mm yesterday. New in box for dirt cheap. I think the trigger is phenomenal on this one. A lot better than any other factory triggered guns I have. Just put an extra scope I had laying around on it. Going to go shoot it this afternoon. Will report back.

I just picked up one of these in 7mm yesterday. New in box for dirt cheap. I think the trigger is phenomenal on this one. A lot better than any other factory triggered guns I have. Just put an extra scope I had laying around on it. Going to go shoot it this afternoon. Will report back.

I handled several before I had them go in the back to find me a .308. The triggers I felt were all very good. I think I just got a rare one that someone assembled on a Friday. Let us know how it shoots! I haven't read any range reports on the magnums.

FYI, I installed a Triggertech in the B-14. For those unfamiliar with them they're a Canadian firm and I've been very impressed with them. I like them over the Jewell.

I got her out and put 25 rounds through her doing my regular barrel break in procedure. First 5 shots with factory 139 grain hornady ammo went right at an inch. I proceeded with some mild loads with 162eldx and was very happy. 3 shot groups hovered around .73 in to 1.1 in. I have no doubt with a better scope mounted, and tuning the load I can shrink that down some. Not bad for a $500 dollar gun. I have no idea how to post pics on here or I would.

Last edited:
That's great! A 3/4" magnum off the shelf is a keeper. I don't know where you managed to grab one for $500 but that's a great deal. I'm glad you got a shooter. I really wanted to love mine.

That's what I was thinking. It like it the stock is a little loose in the forend, other than that no complaints. And yeah it was a steal for sure. They only had one and were apparently wanting it gone. I said I'd give em 500 bucks and they said okay. I honestly wasn't expecting them to say okay, I wasn't planning on buying a gun that day. Figured it was to good of deal to pass up. Walked out the door taxes and all for $540.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.