Bergara b14 HMR barreled action and new stock question?

Hbomb11

I'm not sure if anyone here has much experience with Bergara but I am wondering if a 6.5 B14 HMR barreled action would drop into a stock inletted for a Rem 700 SA with a Remington factory sendero/varmint barrel and a Badger M5 detach mag system (besides bedding)? I am looking for a light weight stock to drop my HMR into hunting purposes. The HMR stock is to heavy for my tastes.

On the Bergara website it says the barrel is a #5 contour with taper of 5.5. I am not sure if that is the same size as a Remington sendero/varmint barrel. I am thinking it maybe a little bit smaller. I think the mag system on the HMR is similar to a magpul. Would it will be compatible with the Badger M5 system? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

You'd be sacrificing some of the accuracy the HMR derives from the stock internal aluminum chassis. From what I've heard Magpul actually manufactures the Bergara logo magazines for Bergara. In any case the Magpul AICS Short Action mags work fine in the HMR, both the 5 round and 10 round. I've had a Sendero and it was nowhere in the same class with my HMR as far as accuracy was concerned. I replaced it several years ago with a Bergara B-14 Timber, one of the best moves I've made.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.