Bergara B-14 Hunter COAL Question ***Update***

Weaver93

Friend of mine has a B-14 Hunter with internal box and he wanted to use my stuff to work up a load for whitetail. I used a Hornady OAL gauge to measure COAL for chamber and came up with 2.871" to 2.875" OAL for three different hunting projectiles. Best I can measure on the internal box will accept COAL of 2.801". I have nothing to work with as far as seat depth is concerned so I guess the internal box will control the way we go.

Question for the internal box Bergara owners: What weight bullet do you find most accurate in your B-14 .308? Don't know that I have ever tested accuracy on any load with .075" jump.

Start at .020 shorter than the box and start developing. Each bullet will have a different coal and jump, also each barrel will too
The three bullets I measured with were all within .004" in COAL when set to lands. So with those three I will be starting at .100" jump, give or take. I guess it just isn't something I'm use to. Thanks for the starting point.

Update:

OK guys and gals, here is the spin. We got the Hammer bullets loaded to .015" under mag....Shoot great, but still have feed issues. If I load two into the internal box it will not feed reliably. If I load four it will feed the first two reliably then the third and fourth kick up and catch on the ramp. Have any of you experienced this on any BDL rifle?

Both my B-14s feed fine, 6.5CM and 30-06 But I seat my Hammers to the last PDR groove and no longer, so they're kind of short-ish for theose chamberings.

Sounds like a problem with the follower not coming up correctly in the back. Maybe pull the box out and check it and the bottom of the feed ramps for anything?

Both my B-14s feed fine, 6.5CM and 30-06 But I seat my Hammers to the last PDR groove and no longer, so they're kind of short-ish for theose chamberings.

Sounds like a problem with the follower not coming up correctly in the back. Maybe pull the box out and check it and the bottom of the feed ramps for anything?
When he brings it back over I'm going to look at the follower. I think I am good OAL because the first two feed smoothly. May be something going on as the tension comes off the spring. I have to say it loved the Hammers.