Berbara premier rifle vs seekins precision havak

Kyle s.

New to the forum. Which of these rifle is better? Getting one of the two of them tomorrow or the next day. Thanks in advance. It will be used for mostly prone position shooting steel , and I'm definitely set on the 6.5 prc .

Are you buying online or looking at a local store? I have a Bergara B14 HMR, it is heavy, not sure about the other rifle you mention, if you can find it locally and see how each feels. The two Bergara I have experience with are very accurate for a factory rifle.

Was actually buying from buds gun shop website and having shipped to my store
I am not sure if I can wait until Tuesday when my gun store opens to make my purchase

The one I own is 6.5 Creed and the Grandson rifle we gave him for Grad present is a B14 HMR in 7mm Rem Mag, both very accurate. Not to stop you from purchasing from Buds, but have you checked out TSS Warehouse in Utah? They had the best prices around when I was purchasing.

Not sure if you'll find someone with both rifles… I have a Havak PH1 in 6mm Creed is it's a fantastic rifle. Has shot well with both factory ammo and handloads. I don't think you'd be disappointed at all with a Seekins.

I have seen two Bergara's that came with loose barrels, both gave the owners fits until they more or less gave the guns away and the new owner discovered the issue. Shot great after going back to the factory.

I've had two different bergara rifles one was a b14 ridge in 22-250 that shot very well and a bergara premiere highlander in 300 win. That also shoots exceptionally well. If the seekins would come with a spotter stock I'd have that right now instead of the highlander. The highlander is a very well made rifle but if you shoot hand loads through it they void any warranty. That's kinda chicken **** if you ask me especially right now with such slim pickens out there for factory ammo. I don't think you'll go wrong with either rifle.

New to the forum. Which of these rifle is better? Getting one of the two of them tomorrow or the next day. Thanks in advance. It will be used for mostly prone position shooting steel , and I'm definitely set on the 6.5 prc .
Seekins has a lifetime guarantee. If it falls off a cliff they will replace it. Don't know if Bergara has a warranty like that. My B14 Ridge in 6.5 CM is a good shooter. My Seekins Havak in 6.5 PRC is a better shooter. Just my 2 cents.
20210902_160139.jpg

I can't speak on Bergara. But I love my Seekins PH2 in 300prc. It shot most all my work up loads under half MOA. Ended up just picking the velocity I wanted and tweaked seating depth just under .3" at a hundred yards. And well under moa out to 1000 on a good range day. I also have one of their AR's it's fantastic as well.

I bought a Havak PH2 in 300 WM back in ~ January. I added a TI Pro II Titanium Brake and the recoil is near nothing. I have ran about 400 rounds through it. I settled on a 2976 FPS avg load with the 210 Berger VLD's. It is capable of sub 1/2 MOA all day with this load. The bolt/action was a bit stiff when it was new, but now it is like butter. No issues at all. She's my favorite rifle!

I'd have to go with Seekins. This is my Seekins Havak Pro 1 in 6.5 Creedmoor, 5 shots at 100 of factory loaded 140 ELD-M. Not to mention the lifetime warranty…..

Attachments

• 2C923BA6-2D9F-40CC-BB91-B6DD59B8E068.jpeg
    2C923BA6-2D9F-40CC-BB91-B6DD59B8E068.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
The highlander is a very well made rifle but if you shoot hand loads through it they void any warranty. That's kinda chicken **** if you ask me especially right now with such slim pickens out there for factory ammo. I don't think you'll go wrong with either rifle.

That's in the small print of basically every warranty for every rifle made.