Benchrest shooter posts stunning 1.068” group at 1000 yards – new world record

Amazing stuff for sure, congrats to the shooter,
I'd like to take a shooting lesson from that gentleman !
Respectfully
Absolutely spectacular! I would enjoy a shooting and reloading lesson. I've never been able to participate in this discipline of shooting but have always been curious about it. The science of internal and external ballistics fascinates me. I would wager the shooter is studying his results. Why the high right flyer? Just kidding! With this type of string shooting there has to be some sort of compensation for bullets traveling through essentially the same air column. Hoping someone with this type of experience can attest to this.

Shout out to both BAT and Nightforce. Both local companies. Nightforce employing friends and Family!
Thanks,
RJ

Mike shot a 1.4" at another match and I saw him shoot about 1.5" in practice at the nationals in August. This was not a fluke group. A few guys have been shooting in the 1s this year in practice and in registered matches. If you are REALLY interested in the most accurate long range rifles, loading techniques, and other knowledge, long range Benchrest is where its at, and yes it all transfers over to our long range hunting rifles. https://internationalbenchrest.com/events/category/long-range-schedule

weight limit
light gun 17 lbs
heavy, no limit, i believe you still have to be able to carry it to the bench.
dome are just light guns shot in both classes, some are works of art in metal.

lol lots of what if's.
i put 4 under an inch at 1000 yards
just off the edge of the target..easy to see on the backer.
wind shift put number 5 on the edge of the target over an inch away.
but never in a match

Not only an amazing feat but I also really enjoyed his attitude about it all. He switched to the 6mm's not only because they shot pretty well on a good day but they were "fun". He say's to just bring out whatever you got to a match. What a great attitude.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.