Benchmark barrels

cornstalker

Anyone have experience with these?

Edit: I found some two to four year old info on here that was encouraging. I wonder if there are more current reviews available.

Last edited:
Great barrels! I would place them up their with any of the top tier barrel makers. Shooting partner has a 7mmWSM with 1300+ through the barrel. It still shoot 1/2 MOA to 800 yards (have not shot it further). You will not be disappointed.

We put together a .280 Rem. a couple years ago and used a Benchmark 24" #5 contour 1/9 twist. With handloads it will group in the .5 .6 The rifle shoots great and would not hesitate to use one again.

I have one in a 7 WSM that Kevin Rayhill put together for me last spring and it shoots great. Fall of 2009 Mule deer buck - 1024 yards Mule deer doe - 850 yards and cow elk - 810 yards. Shot some paper one time at 300 yards and could cover the 5 shot group with a nickel. No complaints and it cleans real easy too.

I have one in a 7 WSM that Kevin Rayhill put together for me last spring and it shoots great. Fall of 2009 Mule deer buck - 1024 yards Mule deer doe - 850 yards and cow elk - 810 yards. Shot some paper one time at 300 yards and could cover the 5 shot group with a nickel. No complaints and it cleans real easy too.

Wow that sounds awesome. I believe I made a comment on your gun in the gun photos section, i was bragging on how it looked and asking about accuracy. I have a edge coming to me with a benchmark barrel you talking about the accuracy of your gun has really got me pumped now.

The benchmark barrels are sounding better and better.

-Nathan

Ernie I was curious if you are having Benchmark do the chambering for you? I live about 30 miles north of their shop and stopped in a few weeks ago to talk to them about a project and they seemed like good guys. I think they are turning out some really good barrels.

I have a 27" benchmark on a savge,chambered in a 7mmWSM,that Kevin Rayhill built for me.It's a shooter!I have 1300rds. down the barrel,and it will still shoot 1/2moa 900+ yards.When this barrel is eventually burned out,I will definately be putting another one on.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.