Benchmark Barrels

David Emerson I would trust either one. I have had great accuracy with both. I know both their button and cut barrels can shoot far better than I can.
I watched a guy on Youtube shooting eggs at 600 yards with a hunting weight rifle in one of the small 6,s. Pretty impressive. It was a benchmark.

I had a Benchmark (button rifled) previously on a 7RM they chambered and installed. Shot good initially and went south really quick (less than 400rds) and copper fouled terribly the whole time. Replaced it with a Bartlein and its a consistent sub 1/2 moa shooter now. After trying several of the top brands I've settled on Bartlein due to impressive results every time (up to 4 now in various calibers).

Barbour Creek uses Benchmark and I think their results consistently speak for themselves. They seem to be an outfit who demands quality from their equipment so I wouldn't be afraid to try another one IF I couldn't find a Bartlein.

Looking for input on barrel contour and length, as well as stock change. Goal: hunting portability and accuracy. Rifle is Browning ABolt in 7mm WSM. My initial thought for a barrel is 22" Light Palma any other suggestions? Do I flute it? The only thoughts I have on a stock are bipod ready and camo'd, any thoughts?

I have really appreciated the input about Benchmark and I am looking forward to guidance on barrel and stock details.

Looking for input on barrel contour and length, as well as stock change. Goal: hunting portability and accuracy. Rifle is Browning ABolt in 7mm WSM. My initial thought for a barrel is 22" Light Palma any other suggestions? Do I flute it? The only thoughts I have on a stock are bipod ready and camo'd, any thoughts?

I have really appreciated the input about Benchmark and I am looking forward to guidance on barrel and stock details.
Do they sell any carbon fiber wrapped barrels?
I think they're coming out with them in a few months.

I literally just spoke to a gun smith yesterday to discuss a build with a Benchmark Barrel. The only supplier in Australia is Grenfell Armory. Geoff was on the Australian Olympic team which gives me confidence Im talking to the right man.

What do you want to do with yours? Because Ill be following your post if you keep up with progress reports and I can fill you in with what Im up to.

First steps Iv taken is selecting an action. "Defiance" short action in 30 cal bolt so far. Looking at 6.5 creedmoor with another 2 barrels in 308 and mayby 6.5x47 or a 6 dasher. Also going to get him to do a magnum at some stage. Have only picked the barrel brand, havent picked contours or twist rates as yet.

Benchmark is hit or miss, if you take the time to slug them and measure them all out you'll find rejects at a rate that you really should check every single one, WAY better than the bottom tier like X Caliber. I have a couple on personal rifles that are really great but I've had to replace a couple on my nickel also so I put them middle of the road, you won't get BR level accuracy from barrel after barrel but you will get a hummer every now and again.

I literally just spoke to a gun smith yesterday to discuss a build with a Benchmark Barrel. The only supplier in Australia is Grenfell Armory. Geoff was on the Australian Olympic team which gives me confidence Im talking to the right man.

What do you want to do with yours? Because Ill be following your post if you keep up with progress reports and I can fill you in with what Im up to.

First steps Iv taken is selecting an action. "Defiance" short action in 30 cal bolt so far. Looking at 6.5 creedmoor with another 2 barrels in 308 and mayby 6.5x47 or a 6 dasher. Also going to get him to do a magnum at some stage. Have only picked the barrel brand, havent picked contours or twist rates as yet.
I hadn't thought about doing more than one barrel, that's a good idea. I am assuming it is to invest good money into your action, stock, and of course serious glass then share it with several callers. Is that your thought? My Browning ABolt will serve as the action and I like the 7 mm WSM for a short barreled hunting rifle. Cool to here about your project.

I've only had one benchmark and I didn't get a good one. I'm in the process of building a 7mm WSM with a Krieger 8.5 twist sendero contour. I'm kind of partial to longer barrels. I would try another Benchmark but only if they were the only top brand that had the contour and twist I wanted.

I've only had one benchmark and I didn't get a good one. I'm in the process of building a 7mm WSM with a Krieger 8.5 twist sendero contour. I'm kind of partial to longer barrels. I would try another Benchmark but only if they were the only top brand that had the contour and twist I wanted.
Did it give you alot of flyers? Just curious, not doubting you.

Did it give you alot of flyers? Just curious, not doubting you.
It kept stringing shots higher as it heated up. If I only shot 3-4 it shot great. Starting about the 5th shot it would start stringing 2-4 MOA high. It was in a chassis so the barrel is free floating. Even tried it in a different chassis. It was an MTU contour so that shouldn't have happened. Rebarreled it with a Bartlein and it shoots great!

It kept stringing shots higher as it heated up. If I only shot 3-4 it shot great. Starting about the 5th shot it would start stringing 2-4 MOA high. It was in a chassis so the barrel is free floating. Even tried it in a different chassis. It was an MTU contour so that shouldn't have happened. Rebarreled it with a Bartlein and it shoots great!
I agree MTU contour should resist heat very well. Sounds like it had some stress relief issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.