Benchmark Barrels...

Wish I could. I just recieved my 3 groove 300 wsm barrel 2 weeks ago. They had the it to me in less than 3 weeks from when I ordered it. I have some buddys that use them with great results. I will have results soon.

Haven't used them but scads of people love them. Short lead times now too. What's not to like about that?

Last edited:
crazyhorse---I have not "personally" used them however I have a rifle that I bought from Midnightmalloy here that has a benchmark on it and it is a quality barrel and shoots great. I have also heard good things about them from others so I think you would fine to deal with them.

Randy

I have a Benchmark on my long range rig. It shoot fantastic! A true 3/8 moa or better hunting rifle using hunting bullets.

I can't speak to their work but their barrels are great in my experience.

These are the first 12 shots out of the barrel during break in at 100 yards using an unknown starter load. It was shoot-clean-shoot-clean... Started in the top left and went clockwise ending on the bottom left. (yes, it was that close to sighted in from the start!)
IMGP3868.JPG

It's only gotten better since then:)

Gene

Benchmark is good to go.

Great service, great lead time, great product.

Benchmark makes awesome barrels. I had one installed for me by Stockade and am totally happy with it. it's been mazing through the first 100 rounds, and I only expect it to get better

I got two of there barrels and they are absolutly awesome!!! I have only done barrel break in with unknown loads and were shooting tight groups. The one I got chambered in 300wsm shot four rounds into one whole during the break in process.. I also have one chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua and, my wife put 14 rounds in a .75 moa group cleaning every five rounds during break in. I can't wait to start load development with them.. I don't think you could go wrong with using them!!!! I know that when I need another barrel I will be giving them a call again...

I'll second Savageshtr's comments. I have shot both of his rifles. Matter of fact, I shot one of the two one hole groups w/ the 300WSM. I'll be getting a benchmark some day.

Sent my action off today! They said they are currently running about 8 to 10 weeks, which is way faster than anyone else I spoke with. Seem like good people over the phone, very helpful and informative.

I will post results as soon as it gets back home.

Planning on adding a Manners stock and send it off to Lorenzo "Grit" for bedding and a muzzle break later this summer.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts