Bell & Carlson stocks

Bob S.

Did a search and didn't find any thing, But I know it has been mentioned here in the past.

Has anyone had an experience with the Bell and Carlson replacement stocks? I think Cabelas carries them.

Cowboy, I recently purchased a Bell and Carlson Duramax stock for a savage 110. Much better than a factory savage plastic, it was not a true drop in replacement. I had to do some considerable dremmel work to get the action to rest on the two pillars and nothing else. I then skim bedded the action. Over-all I'm pleased with the stock. It is much more rigid and stiffer than original. Offers a widder forend also. Was it worth a $100? Yes. Have not tried any other of their products thou.

I read some of the reviews on these stocks on midways site and by doing a search on the web. I decided against it and ordered a richards laminated stock for use on the 243 AI that kirby (fiftydriver) is doing for me.

I put one of their medalist stocks on a howa. Nice stock, similar in construction to the hs precision on my 700 P, but nicer looking, and with a pachymar pad. Now if only I could get the rifle to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts