bell and carlson stocks

stifle

hello,
new to the sight, but after reading sounds like there is a few people here that know a thing or two. Just ordered a bell and carlson a2 tactical/varmint for my 243 ackley. I am on a budget and would have prefered a mcmillan, but beggers cant be........... just wondered if this was a good choice and if anybody has had any negative feedback to give me about them, or if they have any better suggestions.
thanks

B&C's Medalist stocks are pretty good for the money , I have used a couple of their Duramaxx stock on a few Savages porjects with good success.

thanks, for the reply.
is there a very big difference in your opinion between the b&c and the higher end stocks accuracy wise. i am willing to wait and put on the higher dollar stock if it is going to hurt me to go cheep.

I have a varmint barrel Rem 700 that I just ordered the exact same stock for, as well. Fact is, the only real experience I have had with B&C was negative, but I am willing to give 'em another chance.

I had Doc White make me up a 45 using a B&C stock, and the first time I took in the woods, the swivel stud stripped out on the fore end and slammed the Douglas barrel muzzle square into the asphalt as I walked up the road to my truck. I am still ****ed off over that and will always be so! But I digress.........When the rifle struck the ground, it also cracked the stock just behind the trigger guard. Swivel stud too small? Stock quality? I don't know. But here I am ordering another one for a different gun. I am sure your guns do not normally slam the ground as though you are splitting wood with them, so I expect you will be more than satisfied.

BTW, if I had the discretionary income right now, I would probably be going with the Manners. I looked at one up close and personal a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. Good luck, Jim R

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.