Behind enemy lines in CA. Need to escape. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I will just own this fact that I am a 4th gen Californian, but all generations have been Reagan style conservatives and are from rural CA. With that said, I just retired from Law enforcement and am looking for a safe semi rural place to raise my family. Gun rights are paramount, good big game hunting, and the ability to be left alone. I mind my own business, and don't ever want to turn the place i move to into California. Every state I look at, it seems they are not far from becoming blue. I lived in NV and would not even consider it now since the libs have a super majority there, with Reno and Vegas controlling the state.

Idaho is the site for many retired CA LEOs, Firemen & Civil Service workers who wish to escape CA. Being a native Californian, I left in '58 and only return for reunions and visiting relatives. One of my cousins moved to Sandpoint, on Lake Pend Oreille, north of Coeur d' Alene, after retiring from C of Pasedena. I'm stuck in Ohio with a beautiful gal who has no interest in moving west, or I'd be somewhere in the Dakotas. Wy, Montana, Idaho or Utah. My sister is in Fallon, but I see your point against Nevada, although there is plenty of country for sale therein also. Good luck with your quest.

Especially since all the tech companies came in. I work for one so I guess I shouldn't complain but it has changed.

I was passing thru in '07, en route Spokane and stopped for an ice cold adult beverage in a small town just short of the Washington border. Over the back bar was a large, telling, sign, with the words "We don't care how you did it in California!" Made the beer a bit sweeter.

I'm around Cody for the weekend- snow still on the Mts, felt a rumble under my feet. Sorry, Wyoming is still closed for business.

Ga is nice and warm. Cement pond feels like bath water . Go outside and it feels like a blow drier . There's nothing like mild Ga springtime weather .

We have 1200-1400 quakes a year in Wy . It's going to happen .It snowed for three days last week here in Douglas

Weather , just like politics , is split down the middle right now. Yall westerners are sitting on the cold side, us on the east side of the big muddy are being fricasseed by dangerous heat, and our brothers and sisters in the middle are getting HAMMERED by floods and nasty storms. Like cletus use to say, shoot in here amongst us, one of us got to have some relief!

I'm likely an anomaly here - I'm a total liberal, but I love guns, shoot, reload, carry, and hunt. Don't fish so much because I currently live in the mountains and don't care for freshwater fish. Mostly me and my liberal gun friends just want to be left alone. My biggest issue ie people. Every where I go, there's more and more. Last bow-hunt I had there were hikers, mountain bikers, wood cutters, and grazing permit cattle everywhere even after a day's hike into a wilderness area. Long gone are the days that I could hunt public land anywhere and never see another person. That said, my vote is for Wyoming or northern Idaho, although the more time I spend in Texas, it looks like I just may decide to retire there.
If you choose to support the constitution there is really only one side of the fence to stand on. Liberals like you burry your head in the sand and hope your rights will not be taken away. Well THEY ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY! Then you move and bring your pie eyed ways with you to mess up the new host. Open your eyes and look around you.

I have never seen a politician worth voting for. I have had the police surround my home and take my children before based off of an accusation and watched police being forced to carry it out say "i know this isnt right". Its not my duty vote for people i dont trust. Just sayin. I get the idea but dont trust it. All them people being voted in are part of the problem. Just like the police liked the policeman who swear to follow the Constitution and then completely do the opposite.
**** poor sad view and part of the overall problem. Too bad you are not a lefty. It would be easier for us too keep our Constitution intact....

Wow. My original post has stirred the pot. Not my intention but I truly appreciate the input. Some of you have suggested locations I had not thought of and I realize that pretty much everyone has the same complaint as me.

Sincerely,
Sheepdawg
33 pages and counting ! Dang Dawg !
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.