Behind enemy lines in CA. Need to escape. Need help

Discussion in 'Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics' started by sheepdawg, May 18, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WYO300RUM

WYO300RUM Well-Known Member

Sorry for the dog talk guys. I really like this thread. Its going to go to 50 pages .Thanks Sheepdawg !
    You have a beautiful dog !

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    NorCalRiceGuy and Lasiter like this.
  2. basinman

basinman Well-Known Member

Is it true you can't carry a sidearm in the woods there?

3. 5.56×250

5.56×250 Well-Known Member

In Ga, people wonder what's wrong with you if you DONT carry a sidearm in the woods! ( hey bubba, you feelin ok ? I just noticed you ain't toten)

NorCalRiceGuy, Lasiter and basinman like this.
  4. bri4676

bri4676 Member

Popgun...
    GA you say... we're you lucky enough to be at good ole Ft. Benning.... lovely summers down there. Makes ya yearn for more gnats and sand :)

NorCalRiceGuy, Tidus56 and Lasiter like this.
  5. bri4676

bri4676 Member

That's a FACT--- our family reunions consist of show and tell with shooting range practice after Maw Maw's "nanner puddin"...

6. 5.56×250

5.56×250 Well-Known Member

Luv me some nanner puddin!:D

WYO300RUM likes this.
  7. Coyoter

Coyoter Well-Known Member

I moved to WY nearly 24 years ago and have loved it the whole time... More since I retired and don't have to drive on the crappy winter roads! Other than Jackson and maybe Laramie, you're pretty much expected to carry a gun, no permit for concealed necessary as a citizen of the state. Lots of small rural towns within commuting distance of "cities" to get groceries. Hunting is dwindling a bit as the ranches are bought out by corporations, but lots of public land still available. Take up crossbow hunting, and you'll feel like you've got the forest to yourself.
    My .02 anyway.
    Good luck and enjoy your retirement!
    Coyoter

8. basinman

basinman Well-Known Member

Spelling correction: Boudreaux (and don't forget about Thibodeaux)

Frog4aday and NorCalRiceGuy like this.
  9. archeratlrg

archeratlrg Active Member

Well come up up to Montana. Moved here from the other communist state, Oregon in 2012. Always thought I would live out my life there as a 7th Gen. Oregonion but with thes going the same direction as yours I would be a felon in no time. Montana and Idaho would be your best states and Montana has no sales tax.

NorCalRiceGuy, Lasiter and WYO300RUM like this.
  10. Jerry Miller

Jerry Miller Member

I have a nice 3 bedroom house on 10 1/2 acres with certified irrigation rights in EASTERN WASHINGTON for sale. 48x60 shop. Good hunting and fishing near by. Great place for kids.

NorCalRiceGuy likes this.
  11. Lasiter

Lasiter Well-Known Member

The Great Perfesser and his anti-gun project gets an occasional write-up in The Sacramento Bee. I have complained to him and his ilk in The Bee about some of their "facts" that weren't facts, but they don't care.

12. Lasiter

Lasiter Well-Known Member

In California Moonbeam Jerry Brown signed a law to reduce a lot of felonies to misdemeanors. Now you can break into a home and steal guns and it will be charged as a misdemeanor if your lawyer can argue the value is less than about $900. In San Francisco they can sell heroin right in front of cops without being hassled.

WYO300RUM likes this.
  13. Tidus56

Tidus56 Well-Known Member

I lived in GA for 2 years and those summers....SMH. I was fixin to die dead out there, so hot and humid.

14. muleystalker

muleystalker Well-Known Member

I’m a native 3rd generation Ca. And this is my exact experience along with most Ca. I know and associate with. The majority of Californians other than LA, and Bay Area are conservative, grew up farming, ranching and hunting/fishing. I live in between SF and Sacramento, farm country growing up hunting and fishing. Like stated above since I was a kid for the last 50+ years I have seen people flocking in from other states and completely changed our sleepy little chucks of heaven to overcrowded leftist cities. All these people were not born here they came from other states. We used to feel the way you in other states feel now. It happened to us first.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.