beginner coyote hunter

arvil Willis

hello everyone my name is Arvil Willis im from south east ky. long time coon hunter and deer hunter. have aquired a new interest in coyote hunting .recently purchased a 22.250 and interested in developing some long range shooting skills. any help and advise on shooting and calling would be great.I live in very rough mountainous terrain with almost no open fields. Most coyote hunts on tv take place in open areas am just wandering about how to call and setup in these hills???

Hey Arvil,

I am a new coyote hunter too from central WV. I am in the same type of situation, not a lot of people around here that hunt coyotes to get advice from in hunting this terrain. I am going to try to sit my call up in fields and cross the hollows and start my call as far away as I can get and then watch the hill around the call to see them trying to work into it. Haven't tried it yet just getting started, it may work it may not!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts