beggars know how

Nickwild

thinking of buying a bergara HMR with a cf barrel. Anything I should know as far as aftermarket improvements or such?

Considering it'll need upgrades to stock, trigger, and barrel, just start with buying an action instead of an action with parts you're going to throw away.

Both of my Bergara's came with the highly-sought-after factory installed pre-rusted bore option 👌

Considering it'll need upgrades to stock, trigger, and barrel, just start with buying an action instead of an action with parts you're going to throw away.

Both of my Bergara's came with the highly-sought-after factory installed pre-rusted bore option 👌
so your saying that other than the action, Bergara isn't worth it?

The stock trigger is bad. Any trigger meant for a Remington 700 clone will work. I like trigger tech 2 stage specials.

The stock/chassis is personal preference. I don't hate it, but I like my KRG Bravos better. I wouldn't and didn't replace it. Like the trigger there's lots of options available if you do decide to change it.

Their barrels are solid. Barrels are what Begara was known for before the B14 series came out. I can't comment specifically on their carbon barrels as I haven't shot one, but I wouldn't hesitate to use their steel barrels.

Their finish isn't the greatest, so unless you're diligent about oiling every surface they'll get some surface rust. A bit of oil and steel wool or a bronze brush will take it off. It's not any different than any other blued steel gun I've owned.

Swap the trigger, get a brake, pick up some spare mags (I like Magpul's AICS mags) and you'll be good to go. They're not on par with a custom rifle, but they're definitely one of the better factory options out there. The trigger and finish are the biggest downsides.

I remember about 6 years ago I walked into cabelas here in Boise looking for a tikka for my wife. Guy at the gun counter said the bergara was the new best thing. Literally told me all of them sold their tikkas and bought bergaras. Needless to say we walked out spending around 1k on a bergara when we could have used that money to buy a quality rifle, like a tikka. Over the years the rifle ate probably around $600 in handloads and factory ammo just looking for a decent shooting load. Eventually the rifle was replaced by bergara for having an out of round chamber/ accuracy issues. The new one shot worse than the original!! Pretty sweet deal there. Thank gun counter guy. We've since moved on and I'll personally never own another bergara.

I have an HMR Premier in 6.5 and it shoots phenomenal. It came with a triggertech trigger. I haven't found anything it wont shoot well. I may have a rarity, but I have talked to a lot of people who like them.

I have an HMR Premier in 6.5 and it shoots phenomenal. It came with a triggertech trigger. I haven't found anything it wont shoot well. I may have a rarity, but I have talked to a lot of people who like them.
I've yet to see a 6.5 creed that doesn't shoot regardless of it being a $400 gun or a $7k custom. A buddy has a run of the mill hmr in 300 win that's sad.

Recent Posts