Been thinking about the .325 WSM

Overkill338

I've been in a big discussion about the .325 WSM on another forum. I wish I had never sold my Savage 14 325. It really was a fun caliber to play with. I've never thought about it much, but what about building a .325 WSM with a 28" Sendero contour barrel. Maybe have it setup with some free-bore ?

I know bullet selection is kind of scarce, but has it been done? Would it really be worth it? My father in law has a .308 Remington 783. I could use it as a donor if the bolt face could be opened up.

I've been in a big discussion about the .325 WSM on another forum. I wish I had never sold my Savage 14 325. It really was a fun caliber to play with. I've never thought about it much, but what about building a .325 WSM with a 28" Sendero contour barrel. Maybe have it setup with some free-bore ?

I know bullet selection is kind of scarce, but has it been done? Would it really be worth it? My father in law has a .308 Remington 783. I could use it as a donor if the bolt face could be opened up.
Its the 8mm bullets that are the limiting factor for this round. I had one for a few years and sold it because I never shot it enough. Mine kicked like a mule. If you are looking for a thumper under 500 yards, the 325 wsm fits the bill.

Its the 8mm bullets that are the limiting factor for this round. I had one for a few years and sold it because I never shot it enough. Mine kicked like a mule. If you are looking for a thumper under 500 yards, the 325 wsm fits the bill.
I just like the odd balls. I pre-ordered that rifle in 2004-2005 whenever they came out. I got some odd looks in my friends shop when I picked it up. I never found the recoil to be bad at all. I honestly thought it was less than my Uncles synthetic stock 300 WSM

I'd like to find one in the same configuration as my 270 wsm as well. It's nothing fancy just an old model 70 . A lot of guys don't like them saying there a cheap made rifle. Which might be true but I can consistently shoot under an inch with my hand loads easily

It would Be just cuz kind of cartridge. It falls behind ballistically to all of the dozens of 30 and 338 cartridges available. There's no point in it.

With that said it works fine as a mid range hunting round. So if that's what your After go for it. You don't need a good reason to build another gun!!!

I enjoy my 325wsm abolt. Shoots good for me to 700yds or so which is my limit with this setup. Has a mpi stock and 4-14× on it. Killed a bull last season at 308yds 1 shot through lungs and off shoulder.
It does suffer on bullet options but 200gr accubonds and partitions shoot under 5/8" for me. It does fall between a lot of other calibers but so for many other fine cartridges out there.

Attachments

• 20181022_163340.jpg
    20181022_163340.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 196
Good or bad info on win 70 coyote light? I don't even know if I need 325 wsm but price tells me different.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.