Been an off year

With God's grace your medical team will get you back up and out doing what you love.

I hope you get a staff like mine, so here is some humor, I think.

A few years back I got bitten by a rattler and when I was recovering at the hospital the nurse noticed my camo sneakers, she started laughing out loud and I asked what was so funny, she replied, your camo sneakers didn't work for $h!*, otherwise the rattler would've never had seen you.

My wife and I just busted out laughing.

Have a great night and God bless.

Had to put down a pet we had for almost 15 years. That was in March.

Dad passed away the 11th of April. I still can't wrap my brain around that. For me it's like losing your best hunting, reloading, baseball, college football, classical music loving buddy.

Found out I'm having a hip replacement on July 6th. Not really worried about it. Have had two major back surgeries that failed. Long story but had spinal stenosis so bad I only had about 40% of spinal "canal" available. Surgeon told me to not drive much as he feared I might have a wreck and leave my paralyzed.

Sigh. Have to get to the kitchen and cook for everyone. Kids have declared my wife's cooking an extermination attempt so they won't consider eating her cooking.
On a positive note: Had a left hip replaced and after physical therapy (yes, get some so you know what to do yourself) I feel great. told the surgeon that I was a little afraid to rely on it and he pointed out that titanium was a 'bit' stronger than the bone it replaced. Fear went away. Yours WILL be sucessful.
On another note, are our wives related?

On a positive note: Had a left hip replaced and after physical therapy (yes, get some so you know what to do yourself) I feel great. told the surgeon that I was a little afraid to rely on it and he pointed out that titanium was a 'bit' stronger than the bone it replaced. Fear went away. Yours WILL be sucessful.
On another note, are our wives related?
That's good news. 😁

Related? Very likely.

Sorry to hear that you're having such a rough year Carlos. Praying that your surgery and rehabilitation goes well and you'll be able to get around and do all of the things you enjoy.
Thank you. I'm humbled by your and everyone else's well wishes. It wasn't my intent to elicit so many responses. I'm just a bit overwhelmed by the string of setbacks and thought I'd get it off my chest. Once again I thank everyone.

@Carlos88: so sorry for your loss. I know we are close in age territory so I also appreciate seeing daylight in the morning! LRH is great place to vent and take a deep breath from life's bear traps. Family appreciates when I DON'T cook so just the opposite!😂 Make sure you pick the right room for the right nurses! Bring chocolates!

If you need anything hit me up, I can run over and drop off some goodies if you need a pick me up, or pick you up and haul you out to a match and get you around some normal people if the scrubs crowd gets to be too much.

Rodney likes to say "old age and treachery beats youth and skill every time".

Fresh 104* air anytime you need it 🤣 And a seat at an air conditioned reloading bench any time you want.