Been an off year

Carlos88

Had to put down a pet we had for almost 15 years. That was in March.

Dad passed away the 11th of April. I still can't wrap my brain around that. For me it's like losing your best hunting, reloading, baseball, college football, classical music loving buddy.

Found out I'm having a hip replacement on July 6th. Not really worried about it. Have had two major back surgeries that failed. Long story but had spinal stenosis so bad I only had about 40% of spinal "canal" available. Surgeon told me to not drive much as he feared I might have a wreck and leave my paralyzed.

Sigh. Have to get to the kitchen and cook for everyone. Kids have declared my wife's cooking an extermination attempt so they won't consider eating her cooking.

Dad passed away the 11th of April. I still can't wrap my brain around that. For me it's like losing your best hunting, reloading, baseball, college football, classical music loving buddy.

Found out I'm having a hip replacement on July 6th. Not really worried about it. Have had two major back surgeries that failed. Long story but had spinal stenosis so bad I only had about 40% of spinal "canal" available. Surgeon told me to not drive much as he feared I might have a wreck and leave my paralyzed.

Sigh. Have to get to the kitchen and cook for everyone. Kids have declared my wife's cooking an extermination attempt so they won't consider eating her cooking.
Just to clarify I'm laughing about the comment on your wife's cooking not your medical condition

Man life can be a pain sometimes but better lived than not. My kids are always leery of the wife's cooking. I do 95% of the cooking around my house.

Hang in there. And if you can take some time to reset do it . I too started getting into a bad place earlier this year and a week hunting and fishing really reset me.

I am heartily sorry for your loss. Be strong; we are all praying for your safe operation and speedy recovery.

L🤣L on "Kids have declared my wife's cooking an extermination attempt, so they won't consider eating her cooking."

Hey Carlos
You know that Jill and J are praying for you Peggy your family along with Maggie May a cat that can fetch better than most dogs and Gilbert.
Your PMs to me helped me keep faith and get by day to day. I encourage you that pain is only temporary wish you the best on your hip replacement. Yep I need my right one done also. Only afraid that I'll have so much metal in my body that if I fell into the water I could not surface.
It is really sad loosing a canine or feline family member been through that recently.
Hey was trying to get Samson back to health this morning and he bit me-ended up in the ER and now Animal Control put Samson in Jail. House Arrest for 10 days. The ER automatically calls Animal Control in any Dog Bites
GOD BLESS
Len & Jill

Last edited:
Carlos, every day that we get up looking at the flowers and not the roots is a GOOD day! Lost my mother 2 and a1/2 years ago, Had my right hip replaced 4 years ago, lost a dear friend of 40+ years last month, etc, etc everyone has bad times, it's knowing and acting like they are not permanent that make you the man you strive to be, you have more friends here then you realize and we are all waiting to hear the upbeat, knowledgeable,outdoorsman that we have come to enjoy, you will get past your hip replacement,and probably wonder why you waited so long, losing a pet is awful, but try and remember all the great times you shared with him, { or her} . Most of all think about all you have left on your "Bucket list " I have a lot ahead of me, and so do you. Good luck with your surgery and in all your future endeavors. John