Been a while

Mmac52280

True story. I was running a crew building livestock confinement buildings. One day, a crew member came into the building, all wide eyed and exclaimed, "Boy, never **** on an electric fence"

You could have heard a pin drop...on a construction site...I really wish there was some brilliant reply, but everyone was just speechless.

For similar references, see Biden shares his wisdom speeches

1653351982399.png

Owwww! Many years ago, my dad complained to me neighbor dogs were lifting leg on landscaping bushes killing them. Since I had horses, I told him "no worries" problem will go away. So I brought up to his house a battery powered weed burner electric fence. Setup copper wire for added conductance on rods around landscaping. Told dad, stay out of landscaping for week. He called me a couple days later in morning and could not stop laughing! He was gasping for breath trying to tell me what happened. Yessiree! Dog lifted leg and hit bushes but took full shot of a weed burner electric fence designed for 2 miles being used for maybe 300' total wire. The "canine" scream was blood curdling and he thought the dog was being gutted alive in front yard. I came up and removed it that weekend. He said every time he thought of the blood curdling scream, he crossed his legs in self preservation😂😂😂 no more dog problems.

I gotta share one here. We had a battery electric wire system that clicked or pulsed for a second on and two seconds off. When my cousins would come out from town, I would pee on the fence between clicks when the power was off and then aim away before power came back on. It seemed like they did not share my sense of humor.

On another occasion, our salesman backed over and broke a wire at a farm. I got out a pair of welder's gloves and gingerly made a field splice repair. The salesman asked if it was fixed, and I just shrugged my shoulders. He kept "tapping" the wire with his hand, unaware it's a "pulse" system. Frustrated, he contended it wasn't working, then grabbed the wire.....not the smartest way to test it, and it was a 2 mile "weed burner" unit. To this day, I wish I had a video to post.

On another occasion, our salesman backed over and broke a wire at a farm. I got out a pair of welder's gloves and gingerly made a field splice repair. The salesman asked if it was fixed, and I just shrugged my shoulders. He kept "tapping" the wire with his hand, unaware it's a "pulse" system. Frustrated, he contended it wasn't working, then grabbed the wire.....not the smartest way to test it, and it was a 2 mile "weed burner" unit. To this day, I wish I had a video to post.
Having someone else touch the fence is most certainly the smartest way to test and electric fence.

Owwww! . Yessiree! Dog lifted leg and hit bushes but took full shot of a weed burner electric fence designed for 2 miles being used for maybe 300' total wire. The "canine" scream was blood curdling and he thought the dog was being gutted alive in front yard. I came up and removed it that weekend.
I just have to ask. Removed the electric fence or removed what was left of the dog?🤣🤣🤣🤣