Been a good year for hunting so far!

Korhil78

I have had two hunts so far this year and both have been excellent. The first hunt was an archery elk hunt in unit 16B in New Mexico. I was able to take a really good 9x7 bull at 33 yards (whole story is in the elk hunting forum).

1E4807EF-155C-4D25-91FA-898AE75B36CB.jpeg

This past week I went on a rifle antelope hunt in unit 55 in Wyoming. Tikkamike in this forum And a friend of his took me out which I was really appreciative of them for that. Super nice guys and was a pleasure to spend time with. Drove around for 2 days looking at a TON of bucks and finally found one that Looked good. I had heard that the winter was kind of hard on the antelope this past year and that the horn growth was not great but I was very pleased with the antelope that I was able to harvest. Shot him at 494 yards and he dropped where he stood. Bullet went right behind the shoulder and out the front of his chest as he was quartering away from me. I wanted to wait for a broadside shot but these bucks were in the rut and wouldn't stay still for anything! So I took the shot that I was given and it worked out well. Also shot a coyote at 745 yards which was awesome and got to kill a bunch of prairie dogs! The speedgoat scored right at 76". He was 15" tall. I was super pleased and he looks really cool.

8C1A4AF0-1983-4C3D-B0F5-252C6FD16620.jpeg

Awesome, simply awesome, we should all have our hard work so well rewarded! Congrats on a season most could only dream of.

I have had two hunts so far this year and both have been excellent. The first hunt was an archery elk hunt in unit 16B in New Mexico. I was able to take a really good 9x7 bull at 33 yards (whole story is in the elk hunting forum).

View attachment 216241

This past week I went on a rifle antelope hunt in unit 55 in Wyoming. Tikkamike in this forum And a friend of his took me out which I was really appreciative of them for that. Super nice guys and was a pleasure to spend time with. Drove around for 2 days looking at a TON of bucks and finally found one that Looked good. I had heard that the winter was kind of hard on the antelope this past year and that the horn growth was not great but I was very pleased with the antelope that I was able to harvest. Shot him at 494 yards and he dropped where he stood. Bullet went right behind the shoulder and out the front of his chest as he was quartering away from me. I wanted to wait for a broadside shot but these bucks were in the rut and wouldn't stay still for anything! So I took the shot that I was given and it worked out well. Also shot a coyote at 745 yards which was awesome and got to kill a bunch of prairie dogs! The speedgoat scored right at 76". He was 15" tall. I was super pleased and he looks really cool.

View attachment 216240
Congratulations on your 2 hunts nice animals good meat for the freezer

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.