Bedding??

Leyerly338

I have a Savage 110FCP w/HS Precision stock in 338LM. My question is on bedding the action, is it a PITA to do yourself or should I have a Smith do it? I noticed the other day after firing some rounds that it was a bit loose in the stock so I tightened everything down. i have not fired it since doing so. Thanks.

There are lots of videos and bed kits. SCORE HIGH, has kit with pillars and vid.If you are handy not that hard to do.

Every time I do one, it gets easier. It should not be too bad with that stock as HS usually has a bedding block and pillars. So, you're mostly just skim bedding.

-- richard

Be sure to cut reliefs in the v block to let the bedding adhere. It's easy with a dremel tool or use a mill if you have access. Not difficult to do bedding just takes time to do it.

Epoxy doesn't want to stick to synthetic stocks very well, so I usually drill a bunch of holes at odd angles and start with Acraglas; it's real runny and will fill all of the voids.
Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts