Bedding a factory Remington synthetic stock.

Thanks for the reply. Can any one recommend some inexpensive pillars?
Score high sells them and bedding kits with, pilot drill bits , bedding,t handles. The pillars are about 10-12 bucks. They are action specific, such as curved and angle for rear, alum micro adjust, easy to use.

It is a good idea to put a layer of tape on front and bottom of recoil lug. I t will still be tight, but no problem torque action down, and little aesier removale

Garden hose adapters work great as pillars just take one of them cut them to length and you got pillar...

05B01267.jpg

This post is turning into Rednek extreme remodeling.

I have seen the garden hose pillars before, a guy would fill them up with devcon and then drill out the hole size he needed and tap the pillar.

I dont really care what anyone says if a stock needs to just be rigid a SPS stock is a great starter. They were nice enough to leave lots of room to fill it up with some resin and make it as hard as anything on the market. Thinking about pillar bedding and free floating my 270 but still undecided, it shoots amazing already, would not want to mess it up. If i find a cheap stock ill try it out and see what happens.

The only thing keeping the barrel/action from twisting on the shot will be the screws unless the lug is a net fit on the sides. With maybe a 3 thread engagement and 1"+ long screws touching on only the ends, the screws will do little to keep the action from twisting.
I believe "Earnie" is correct in his analysis and went with his bedding procedure.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts