Bearing surface and pressure

But. But.... But those cannelures.
eye twitch GIF

I have a ton of SSTs in 308 cal and use them in 30-06 and 300 RUM. Always makes me twitch not using the cannelure 🤣 The things we let bug us for no good reasons astound!
Haha, I just left my seater where it's set for the bergers

You might want to measure the BTO of one of the SSTs versus the Berger, I don't want you to accidentally jam a bullet and get a pressure spike. Seating stems don't sit in the same place on different bullets. You only have to do it once per bullet, but you should do it once.

More than welcome sir, this is a good group here.

I would buy them. Never a bad idea to have components around to use 👍

Honestly start saving a sleeve of every primer you can get and a pound of any useable powder you can find and eventually you'll have a nice backstock to test things out with. That's half the fun of this to me, taking something that's being contrary and finding the right set of components to make it work.
...and any handloading info you can find, screenshot, etc as well. One of these days we may all be trying to get 869 to work in our 223's with pulled fmjs!

But. But.... But those cannelures.
eye twitch GIF

I have a ton of SSTs in 308 cal and use them in 30-06 and 300 RUM. Always makes me twitch not using the cannelure 🤣 The things we let bug us for no good reasons astound!

Oh man, now you've done it. Thought I was over that. Got it from my Dad. Not going to be able to sleep for the next two weeks. 🤣

How did you find the seating depth on the Bergers?
I just chose 50 thou otl to start and loaded shorter in 3 thou increments. 2 rounds at each length and tested at 200 yards. Ended up using .053 otl I believe. This was after doing a ladder test. I'll check my notes when I get home

Did you measure OTL with a split case, Hornady tool, something like that? Do that again with the new bullets is what I'm getting at.
I used a split case and according to my notes my cbto measurement touching the lands is 3.908 without correcting for the bullet comparator. Just measured my sst test loads and got 3.937! Needless to say I'm glad you caught me on that. Saved me a wasted range trip. For some reason I had it in my head that the seater was hitting the ogive of the bullets but apparently not