Bear Season...

Tikkamike

Bear season is here for some and around the corner for the rest of us... Mine doesnt open till may 15 but I know some of you have those bait barrels out or at least loaded up and ready to go.. Lets see some pics!

One week from today and the work begins.

Attachments

• 20130531_123928.jpg
    20130531_123928.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 140
Ours starts next week! I'm still trying to get all of my baits together. This is my first year baiting so I'm looking forward to seeing some bears hopefully. Bayedup7 I like how you are packing the barrel in. I was just thinking about how I would get mine up in the hills.

I took about a 25 mile horse ride on Easter, and saw a small dark brown bear at 7000' in some slide rock under a big cliff. It was just moving along. In my neck of the woods of Montana bear season opens April 15.
Happy hunting!

I can put my bait out tomorrow. It will be about a week and a half before I can get back once it goes in, but I'll get some pics up once I refill the barrel the first time. Putting 2 cameras out this year to try and get a better idea of how they are approaching the bait.

I've only hunted bear in the fall. I may have to out to where there is a spring season one of these days

Ours opened yesterday here in Idaho. I will be doing the spot & stalk thing this weekend! Can't wait. Bought 2 rifles lately chambered in 30-06 & have been working up loads. Probably still take my 300 win mag but both 06's are shooting very well. The Sierra 165 Gameking which is the hunting hollow point is scary accurate.
Hope your season goes well, Kirk

I finally got one barrel out this weekend. Now I just need some bears to start hitting it! Had one of my hunting buddies along to help.

Attachments

• IMG_20150418_131319680.jpg
    IMG_20150418_131319680.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 119
Not many bears in NE Wyoming and I don't know much about them in the NW part of the state but I do have a guided (over bait) hunt in Idaho the first week in May.

I have two bear and a wolf tag.

Rifle is good to go ( Pre 64 Model 70 in 30-06 with older Weaver K4 scope). Using 180 Gr. Hornady SPBTs.

Getting the rest of my stuff in order as we speak.

Just had to replace my "bait barrel" on the cabin porch. Must have liked the No. 1 fuel oil in there. Think the same one chewed on my window trim near the stove. Game camera installed to identify the offending bear.

gun)

03D348A2-3AAA-4D87-81E4-47607E0F69FA_zpsjqvmvne2.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts