Bear rifle model

There is another thread on what caliber for a brown bear but let's say you have settled on a .375 H&H in a bolt action.

Now my question is which model/ brand / Mfg? Ruger, Winchester, Weatherby, and how do you spec. It out? Stainless, composite stock, barrel length?

scope? 1x4 or a newer 1x6 or 1x8?

thanks, I am just bored right now.

375 H&H it is:

700 or 70 action set in one of D'Arcy's stocks

Schneider barrel cut to 23" and .65" at the muzzle

Talley and a 2-8 Leupold or a 6x36 with dotz

One of Sinclairs mountain slings (it's light and adjustable on the fly)

Prefer to have the rig "all up" (rounds, sling, scoped) @ 8lbs give or take a quarter or a pound

No brake, no can...

That's the easy button

Lever action rifles that'll stop them.

Attachments

• 50BMAK RifleShooter Mag (1).pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 219
  • 50BMAK GunsAmmo (3).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
Here is my dangrous game rifle
Win M70 Alaskan Stainless laminate, 375H&H. Saw it in the catalog before it was even made, ordered it, waited 8 months for it, and was discontinued right after I got it. One of the last USA made, I believe S.C.
Added a custom brake and retained iron sights. QD rings with Leupold 1.5-5 scope
Killer with either 260 grns or 300 grns (Solids for buffalo)

Attachments

• M70_375HH.jpg
    M70_375HH.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 100
There is another thread on what caliber for a brown bear but let's say you have settled on a .375 H&H in a bolt action.

Now my question is which model/ brand / Mfg? Ruger, Winchester, Weatherby, and how do you spec. It out? Stainless, composite stock, barrel length?

scope? 1x4 or a newer 1x6 or 1x8?

thanks, I am just bored right now.
Not really a dedicate brown bear rifle, but I used it for bear protection in Alaska many years ago. Marlin Century Limited III 18" octagonal barrel. I had a Leupold VariXIII 1.5-5x20mm on there with QD rings. I trained a lot for 3 months ensuring resetting the magnification back to 1.5X. Well I missed one scenario and left it on 5X one day, I was pretty ****ed at myself. After that I installed a fixed 2.5X Leupold on there. Just some food for thought and another option.

I watched a video of my cousin shooting a 9' brown bear. He was using a 375 H&H. They were hiding behind a big rock as the bear came walking up the beach. First shot behind the left shoulder, bear spin 180*, second shot behind the right shoulder, another 180* turn, third shot smashed the left shoulder and dropped him. Forth shot just for insurance. Tough critter for sure.

I watched a video of my cousin shooting a 9' brown bear. He was using a 375 H&H. They were hiding behind a big rock as the bear came walking up the beach. First shot behind the left shoulder, bear spin 180*, second shot behind the right shoulder, another 180* turn, third shot smashed the left shoulder and dropped him. Forth shot just for insurance. Tough critter for sure.
The .375 HH is a very versatile cartridge especially if you reload. It is also flat shooting and very accurate. Excellent bear medicine.

That's a darn good round for you one and only. I have a 375 Bee on a P64/70. Accurate bugger for sure and plenty capable. Honestly though, I prefer my 338/06 on a G33/40. Less recoil, more rounds in the belly and did I say less recoil...:)