Bear Revenge

As someone just a couple of months from 70 years old, I've been in the woods since I was 6 years old. I've hunted black bear. I always wanted to hunt grizzlies. But health has gotten in the way. To everyone that has hunted and been successful, congratulations ! To others going into the bear woods, use your head for something besides a hat rack. Study everything you can on game in that particular area. Know your gun and ammo well. Be physically capable of the hunt and good luck.

I think you must have misunderstood something here…no offence intended, I'm saying listen to those with more experience, same as you. I plan to orbit the sun a bit longer hopefully, I'm 30 at the moment.
Okay I got it!!! Sorry about the misunderstanding. And....I hope that you have more times around the sun than I already have.👍 Again I apologize for the misunderstanding.
I think you must have misunderstood something here…no offence intended, I'm saying listen to those with more experience, same as you. I plan to orbit the sun a bit longer hopefully, I'm 30 at the mome
👍👍

I am not sure if this is supposed to be funny or not??? I am near 76 years old and "I" do take exception to this comment. I know a lot of "young" guys who no longer orbit the sun due to "their" stupidity. Age has nothing to do with intelligence, or....stupidity.
I am 77 and I think it is both funny and appropriate. Been there, done that, although mostly on the mean streets of L.A. Bears don't usually carry AKs.

50 years ago hunting the Adirondacks at a family friends deer camp, one of the hunters wounded a black bear. We trailed it into a cedar swamp. Oh joy! We finally got to a spot where we could see him. Looked dead. Older hunter stopped everybody and told hunter to shoot him again. What for, he's dead! Hunter shoots bear and it ROARED LOUDLY! HOLY CRAP! He got shot 5+ more times in blink of eye since we were maybe 50' from him! Talk about life lesson learned! Heck, my rifle wasn't even chambered since there were 5 others! Shorts got thrown out that night!
Adirondacks. Remember, dump , Caroga lake , etc. ? 👍🏻

Life isn't a contest to see how long you can make it, it's about making the most of the time you have. I'm not in any hurry to die, but if I die hunting, the people who know me best will know that I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I don't want a straw death after decades of avoiding every risk and living a safe and boring life. I take chances, I always have, and I do not fear death.
And please bury us our ashes on the mountain. Not the city. My son has my wishes .

The Russia article never explained how they concluded the bear killed the hunter when he walked up to skin it.

Unless they had it on video, it's all a guess. Dead men don't tell their death tales.

The grizzly maze risk was like free climbing mountain cliffs. They all eventually fall off and die. Do what Treadwell did for a long enough period of time, and a bad-*** brown bear will cross your path. Can't whoop a brown bear without a deadly weapon. All Treadwell had were bear treats. His body, and that of his girlfriend.

Screenshot_20220624-112020.png

Big difference between black bear and inland griz or coastal brown. BIG difference. 👍🏻
Well now let's go ahead and full derail into some bear jokes shall we?

First up, I heard a good one on the radio a good while ago….

"You should always wear little bells on your hat or belt when in bear country so as not to startle the bears…it's also very important to know what kind of bears inhabit the region, and the good news is you can tell by their droppings alone…black bear poop is full of fruit seeds and pits….grizzly bear poop is full of little bells! 🤣

Additionally I heard a funny list of suggestions on how react if a bear is coming at you (don't know if any of these are real advice)

1. Black bear - deep down they actually avoid confrontation at all costs, so make yourself big and loud and let them know they're gonna have a fight on their hands. Act crazy and aggressive.

2. Grizzly - play dead! They are very confrontational and if you submit they might let you live

3. Polar bear - Pray. That is all.

Recent Posts