Bear Revenge

I think you guys are looking at this wrong. Nobody knows how this actually played out except the bear and the man, and we can't get their stories. I'd much rather be killed by a bear that I was trying to kill, than die in a diaper surrounded by strangers, years after my mind has failed. If my last minutes are in mortal combat with a predator that I was actively hunting, don't pity me, or call me a fool. It's easy to forget that hunting is an inherently risky activity, and all the more so when hunting giant Russian brown bears. He wasn't an idiot, but he made a mistake. Maybe he has killed a hundred brown bears in his life, and on his last day on earth, bear number 101 won the fight. I hope for a worthwhile death some day, not wasting away in a nursing home for a decade or more.
There's a big difference between living, and just being alive.

I hunted bear behind dog in N. Calif a great many years ago with some friends. The bear would be treed, They shot the bear in the tree. When in hit the ground, another persons but a bullet into the bears brain. From what they told me, they had problems before with bears. This stop that problem.

Bear get's revenge and kills the hunter that shot him.
Always make sure your animal is deceased before walking up on it after you have shot it.

some times you get the bear and every now and then the bear get you ALL ways make sure they are dead, brown & grizz shot again. but if a bear gets me it is all on myself not the bear do not hunt him down. he was just doing what a bear does. in Anchorage they are DNAing all bear attacks' and then tranquilize the bears and if it is the right one, they then put them to sleep, this is not right because some fool is out jogging in the bears woods with no gun or spray

Last edited:
Moral is listen to the old guy I suppose.

Not really the same but nonetheless it reminds me of a saying I've heard:

"Beware an old man in a profession where men die young"
I am not sure if this is supposed to be funny or not??? I am near 76 years old and "I" do take exception to this comment. I know a lot of "young" guys who no longer orbit the sun due to "their" stupidity. Age has nothing to do with intelligence, or....stupidity.

I am not sure if this is supposed to be funny or not??? I am near 76 years old and "I" do take exception to this comment. I know a lot of "young" guys who no longer orbit the sun due to "their" stupidity. Age has nothing to do with intelligence, or....stupidity.
I think you must have misunderstood something here…no offence intended, I'm saying listen to those with more experience, same as you. I plan to orbit the sun a bit longer hopefully, I'm 30 at the moment.

Life isn't a contest to see how long you can make it, it's about making the most of the time you have. I'm not in any hurry to die, but if I die hunting, the people who know me best will know that I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I don't want a straw death after decades of avoiding every risk and living a safe and boring life. I take chances, I always have, and I do not fear death.

I think you guys are looking at this wrong. Nobody knows how this actually played out except the bear and the man, and we can't get their stories. I'd much rather be killed by a bear that I was trying to kill, than die in a diaper surrounded by strangers, years after my mind has failed. If my last minutes are in mortal combat with a predator that I was actively hunting, don't pity me, or call me a fool. It's easy to forget that hunting is an inherently risky activity, and all the more so when hunting giant Russian brown bears. He wasn't an idiot, but he made a mistake. Maybe he has killed a hundred brown bears in his life, and on his last day on earth, bear number 101 won the fight. I hope for a worthwhile death some day, not wasting away in a nursing home for a decade or more.
Like in the movie, into the grizzle maze....that was pretty good bear movie.

I am 74. Don't get your dress in an uproar. I would look at Biden (aka Dump Bast**D).

When younger I had a elk down and went in the 3-4 miles on horse to get.Was real steep country, nobody wanted to pack iron, last minute my buddies brother talked me into taking his long super black hawk 44,while he tended ponies. As I got in at kill site I was slow and looking's I saw carcass , and see lots of ribs broken off.NOW, very happy to have hand canyon.This was the first of about 4 time grizzly got on my game.

The Russia article never explained how they concluded the bear killed the hunter when he walked up to skin it.

Unless they had it on video, it's all a guess. Dead men don't tell their death tales.

The grizzly maze risk was like free climbing mountain cliffs. They all eventually fall off and die. Do what Treadwell did for a long enough period of time, and a bad-*** brown bear will cross your path. Can't whoop a brown bear without a deadly weapon. All Treadwell had were bear treats. His body, and that of his girlfriend.

The Russia article never explained how they concluded the bear killed the hunter when he walked up to skin it.

Unless they had it on video, it's all a guess. Dead men don't tell their death tales.

The grizzly maze risk was like free climbing mountain cliffs. They all eventually fall off and die. Do what Treadwell did for a long enough period of time, and a bad-*** brown bear will cross your path. Can't whoop a brown bear without a deadly weapon. All Treadwell had were bear treats. His body, and that of his girlfriend.
This may be morbid, but I laughed at Timothy Treadwell and how he ended up. He was a complete and total idiot. He was like the rest of the left wing animal activist idiots who think bears and wolves secretly want to curl up in your lap while you pet their heads. The only surprise about that story was that it hadn't happened sooner. These are the same idiots who get gored by bison in yellowstone while they are trying to get 3 feet away for an epic selfie.

This may be morbid, but I laughed at Timothy Treadwell and how he ended up. He was a complete and total idiot. He was like the rest of the left wing animal activist idiots who think bears and wolves secretly want to curl up in your lap while you pet their heads. The only surprise about that story was that it hadn't happened sooner. These are the same idiots who get gored by bison in yellowstone while they are trying to get 3 feet away for an epic selfie.
And I know it was kind of funny and kind of sad to me…at banff or jasper national park, probably at both, there were signs everywhere telling tourists that elk, while accustomed to humans there, are wild animals and attempting to pet OR RIDE them could result in serious injury or death. Also that harassing wildlife could get you a very serious fine (and rightly so!)