Bear protection handguns?

🤣 I'll see if i can get some pictures for you. Finger cross...But i think they did take photos of the incident.
Are you sure it wasn't a black bear in Oklahoma ? I googled this :
Oklahoma has two black bear populations," Fairbanks said. "One group is in the Ouachita Mountains of southeast Oklahoma, while the other is in the Oklahoma Ozark in the east central part of the state."

I guided bear hunts there . My zone had a 200 bear quota . Usually filled that quota in a few days. first year I had 11 hunters kill 9 bears on opening day. I have thousands of videos and pictures of bears. One bait station I ran had 13 bears coming in . we had so many bears eating out of our stations we bought a 40 yard dumpster of rejected Tyson chicken products the second year we guided. We bought pallets upon pallets of damaged little debbie products.thousands of pounds of corn, dog food and sunflower seeds and out of date bread. Hauled hundreds of gallons of used cooking oil. My personal spot was where the fish and game relocated trouble bears. i fished and hunted with the game warden in my area. Although some say the population is around your numbers, the fish and game estimated roughly 20,000 plus bears in Arkansas. but you probably know more about Arkansas black bears than me. You can check out my YouTube page. It's bearhunterark. I have a few videos there.
I don't know **** about bears in Arkansas EXCEPT what I got from the game & fish people...their numbers are between 3000 and 5000 black bears, which is still a few thousand (or maybe several thousand if you want to parse words) yet woefully short of 20k. But I don't care how many bears are in Arkansas because I don't hunt bears in Arkansas. Please go back to my original post and look for the tongue-in-cheek humor despite the fact I left off the :) and have a nice day!

Holy Cr$p !!! I'm glad you didn't hit the moose head on.. you'd of had a engine in your lap. In Nov. 2002 coming out of Yellowstone the last Sun. before it closed, I had a herd of buffalo coming around a turn on the climb out to the east gate. No railings then. I had just driven 120 mi. From south gate thru park on Two rack road in the snow. Around turn towards me come a heard of buffalo . I was in center of road in the snow .they were going down both sides of me. I pulled my mirrows in. They were bumping both sides of truck. Girlfriend was touching them. Told her to quit ! I don't want a horn in side of truck ! I was afraid of being pushed of road way down into river. Dead. After that on road we passed a wolf going other way. Out of park about 10 mi. (In dark) a sow grizz with 2 cubs ran across the road. Almost hit cubs. The very next year almost same spot where bears crossed , in the dark, two buffalo came up on hwy about 75 yds from me. Thank God I had new truck with/4 wheel disc.. when I stopped the buffalo in the rear was 5 yds. Crossing in front of my truck. Change my shorts time
Like these?

Attachments

• DSC00163.JPG
    DSC00163.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • DSC00158.JPG
    DSC00158.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
I have always been asked why do you care a handgun every where, I tell them for bears and a**holes ,but ain't many bears! Except for the time the wife and I did an 85 mile pack trip in Yellostone with horses, had heard in camp close every night, that was the year before guns were allowed, I wouldn't do it again! That being said my bear handgun is 329 Smith
because I carry it way more than I need it and like the less weight.

I have always been asked why do you care a handgun every where, I tell them for bears and a**holes ,but ain't many bears! Except for the time the wife and I did an 85 mile pack trip in Yellostone with horses, had heard in camp close every night, that was the year before guns were allowed, I wouldn't do it again! That being said my bear handgun is 329 Smith
because I carry it way more than I need it and like the less weight.
629 ? 😉 41 pages !