Bear protection handguns?

If there's time time grab bear spray there should of been time to pull pistol . So the guy that had his head in bear's mouth got sprayed also. If a bear was chewing on my leg I would surely give him some lead to the head. When and where did this happen ? Did he survive ?
Yes they both did, The other had some stitches on his head though but no major head injuries. And yes i would rather pull out a .44 mag and a pepper spray.

Laughing as we've done this so many times I had to wonder the page count if we added them altogether.

Maybe we should designate this one as the place to go rather than start another?

Nope, there's always room for another bear/handgun thread...... there's always something new, stupid or both in each new conversation! Cheap entertainment at it's best! memtb

I didn't know they had grizzlies in Oklahoma ... 😲🤔🙄😆

YES !!!
As well as " Lions , Tigers , and Bears , OH MY !!! "
Just follow "The Yellow Brick Road" southbound out of Kansas , and there you will encounter the TIN MAN , the Wicked Witch of the West , Munchkins , The Wizard , as well as Dorothy and Toto .

But , they have not yet made it into Texas , yet .

YES !!!
As well as " Lions , Tigers , and Bears , OH MY !!! "
Just follow "The Yellow Brick Road" southbound out of Kansas , and there you will encounter the TIN MAN , the Wicked Witch of the West , Munchkins , The Wizard , as well as Dorothy and Toto .

But , they have not yet made it into Texas , yet .
Lmao ! Yep for sure. The land of Oz.

While black bears tend to be less aggressive than G bears they certainly can and will take after you. For years I've studied bruins and have many years seen/watched 40 plus of them. As well I've guided a fair number of spot and stalk hunters on rifle hunts for them.

Twice I've had them come after me (after they'd been hit and we were following them up). The first one came at me in a creek bottom from 9' away, when our eye's met he came fast. I put his lights out with one round from my clients 25/06 with a shot under the chin. After that one I started carrying when guiding. The second time the bear came at me from 15'. He didn't come near as fast as the first one but he came with a definate intent. I took him out with one round under the chin from my 22/250.

Now in both cases the bruins had been shot and had the right to be po'd. In most all, note I said most all the bruins not going to want anything to do with you. But, when they do come with intent to do harm they come fast and can do a lot of damage really quickly!

To my point, I strongly feel that a fight with a bruin isn't a 13 or 15 shot affair. It's about being calm and cool and putting a well placed round into the CNS. You want that bear down right now! It's almost always going to be a one or two shot affair.

Black bears dont' come to attack very often but when they do they come to kill. Here in Montana we yearly have people beat up or killed by G bears. It's a rare thing that it happens and they prove for sure that it was from a blackie.
This is exactly why i used to carry my 44mag with 260gr XKPs along with my 4570 marlin saddle gun running 440gr remington loads . When it happens if it happens your going to be lucky to get 1 shot