Bear loads 45/70

The .45-70 is my favorite blackie cartridge. I have 4 rifles presently. My favorite for black bear is my little 1895 Guide gun. I may give my 1895 SBL the nod this year. I reload and use good old Hornady Interlock 300 gr HPs. I'm not home so I can't recall the powder and the charge at the moment. But every bear I shot was only shot once and none went farther than about 40 yards.
I have recently began experimenting with cast bullets and I am having real good accuracy out of my 1895 Cowboy with 405 gr bullets cast with wheel weights, sized down to .451" and paper patched.

For some reason my old mind pictures a guy with a name like Clem Bronkowski as not even needing a gun for black bear.
Just a knife and maybe a good pair of leather gloves.
I mean just look at what a guy named Arnold was capable of, lol.
Same as Charles Bronson!
Yeah guys, well I just don't want to see them suffering by gettin dead by strangulation or stabbing. I'd rather just knock the snot out of them with a big old .45-70 slug. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.