Bear hunting in the rain

Even in Ketchikan, AK where it rains a LOT I've always had better luck when it wasn't raining. Buddy told me it was like hunting hipsters, if the conditions weren't good you wouldn't see too many.

I have shot a lot of bears over the years. From the earliest out in the spring to lhe late to bed crowd in late fall. I cannot say I have noticed much affect from snow or rain. Hot weather causes them to hang out in the shade and heavy wind will make them jumpy, so both things cause them to not move as far or as much. If you are hunting the spring rut, nothing keeps the Boars from wandering 24/7 looking for females. Find where the females are hanging, usually good food, new dandelions, new grass, any carrion, fresh water, heavier cover for shade, and you will find the Boars.

Like many animals I think bears are more concerned with the wind than the rain. The wind determines where the scent comes from and too much wind makes one of their primary defensive senses, their hearing, to become non-effective. That is why I have noticed animals moving less in winds that are more than moderate, if they can't hear they probably feel safer where they are at instead of moving into an area where there may be predators that they can not hear.

Alternatively this could all just be my imagination running wild, trying to put meaning on to what I observe.

Got er done. It had been raining most of this day, but within an hour of it stopping this guy came out and I was able to get a shot. Thanks for all comments
FB322190-9C3C-4473-B0DB-94A8FD95ECDC.jpeg

Thanks! Oh man, not sure on weight, I'd guess between 180-200lbs. Haven't put a tape on him yet either, but I'll update once I get that stuff. 6.5 prc with a 124 hammer hunter. 300 yards didn't put up much of a fight! Wasn't able to recover the bullet either unfortunately, exit hole was present