Bear hunt success photos.

Iron worker I shot that bear with my 243 at roughly 100 yards and hit him between the eyes. He was dead before his head hit the ground. I have been seeing a lot of bears this year in the Trinity Alps Wilderness area. It shouldn't be hard for you to find one. In three days of hunting for deer I saw 5 bears. Oh and plus one was a cinnamon colored sow with a jet black cub. I found that sort of strange.

The siskous are another very good area. Yes and you are right it will be a lot of work. That is why I quit shooting them with a rifle.

The best advice I can give you is take a long range gun and bring a GOOD spotting scope because it is likely that you will spend a lot of time glassing the areas. Find yourself some good vantage points and just sit there. Bears can be elusive if you just wander around looking for em.

And remember that if you find one on the other side of the mountain it will be hard to predict where he's going because unlike a deer bears are curious and don't ususally have a set course. Not to mention in that country you will spot them a long way away and it will likely take you a few hours to get to where there at. Bears can also cover some country just at a wandering pace. But good luck and have fun hope you get one over 300 pounds.(which is a very good bear contrary to popular belief. I hunted a bear one time that was said to be over 500 pounds and when I killed it it was slightly over 90!)

Hey well I got my bear,it was the adventure of a life time.My ISP is down can't send or recieve e-mails.Plus not sure how to post a photo
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.