Bear Fever

Tikkamike

I have already punched my tag for 2012 and im still looking forward to getting my bait going for my dad this fall more than I am my own hunting season. This stuff is addictive! Am I the only one that enjoys it this much?

Bears are as good as it gets! Offered the choice, grand slam sheep, or bears, I'd take the bears, Hell I'd shoot Ling Ling, Ping Pong or whatever their calling pandas this week. Even a Koala would look neat on the wall (I know they aren't bears). Bait, hounds, berry patches you name it bears just do it for me. Even someone else's bear I'm still stoked about yours and Elkaholics success, I'm still showing your pictures to my bear hunting buddies. I thought about driving down just to shake your hand. I jumped around the living room hooting and hollering when I saw the picture, and flared up my arthritis. I still need to call one, and I'll work on that again this fall. So yeah I like it a bit too!

I am bit, I killed my 500# CO choc phase bear while elk hunting, the next year killed two black bears in Alberta, one jet black, the other had a white blaze. Drew my CO Sept rifle private land tag this year which is a B tag so I will be carrying the OTC with caps in Oct Elk Season, so two bear hunts this year in Co and already booked for CO again next year and NF for moose and Bear..............I love bear huntinggun)

Ya, bears are adicting! Like Copenhagen, & good single malt Scotch like Oban. Just somethin you try & instantly fall in love with.

Your lucky tho bud. You get to bait em'.
Id be so spoiled by that, that Hells Canyon wouldn't look near as appealing.... Well, ok, ya it would, but Id still like to try baiting once. It'd be so cool to know every bear in your bait area via trail cam, & have a known sized object to compare them to for field judging. That'd just be freakin Awesome!
I'm jealous!

Harper, I'm gonna send you a P.M. in a bit.

Hell I'd shoot Ling Ling, Ping Pong or whatever their calling pandas this week. Even a Koala would look neat on the wall (I know they aren't bears).

Lol, I'm with you! I'd definitely drop Ping Pong.

I was diagnosed with Bear Fever in '09 and I don't think I'll ever be cured. Same goes for my dad. I don't think he even cares about elk, deer or antelope very much any more. All he talks about is next bear season!

We cant bait or use dogs in B.C, but the spot and stalk up here is unreal. Every fall we hunt over the corn and if something doesnt go as planned, in the corn! Now thats a rush! Bear was the first big game animal I shot, and Ive shot a fair more bear than everthing else combined. Cant beat it!

My bear fever has been at a slow boil ever since I hunted them in Ontario in 1988. While the hunt itself was a bust--12 guys in camp hunting over bait and only one bear killed, I never even saw a bear--the possibility of killing a bear had me pretty excited.

The last 3 or 4 years I've had a pretty strong hankering to shoot a big old pumkin headed fatty and I hope to get it done in Ontario in a couple of months with my bow.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.