Bdl or dbm for hunting build

matt_3479

Well my current build is coming to an end and ready to start collecting the parts to the next build. I'm 90% sure on my parts but haven't decided on weather I should go with bdl or dbm.
Build is going be a mid weight big game 300. Win mag build.

my question is, what Is your overall length with the 215's? I know I can get 3.850 with cip accurate mags, and watts makes all sorts of bdl box sizes. I want to make sure if I go one route ovrr the other I'll have room for the 215's!

Your oal is going to depend on how long you throat the barrel. A Wyatt's box will give you more room than a magazine. That's one of the reasons guys are going to the 300prc and 30 Nosler. You can throat your barrel proper and still fit in the magazine.
Shep

Your oal is going to depend on how long you throat the barrel. A Wyatt's box will give you more room than a magazine. That's one of the reasons guys are going to the 300prc and 30 Nosler. You can throat your barrel proper and still fit in the magazine.
Shep

the reason I'm going with the winny is the fact I have dies from a previous rifle, over 1000 pieces of norma 300. Win mag brass. Pretty tough not too go that route

Yep I know the pain. I'd like to build a 300prc. I have reamers and dies for the 300wsm, 300winmag and 300 rum. To do a 300 prc would cost me another 450 bucks over the others. So till a customer buys a 300 prc I will use what I have on hand.
Shep

Yep I know the pain. I'd like to build a 300prc. I have reamers and dies for the 300wsm, 300winmag and 300 rum. To do a 300 prc would cost me another 450 bucks over the others. So till a customer buys a 300 prc I will use what I have on hand.
Shep

haha the problem for me is the price to convert too. Brass would run 100-200, for 100 pieces, dies are 280-370 normally. I'm not 100 percent opposed to switching just figured it's best to use what I got. Plus it's not like the prc or Nosler offer all that much over the winny.

Most Redding compatition s die sets are around 225 here. I thought about building a 25 Creed for my 1000 yard gun. But it really doesn't do anything my 6.5 doesn't already do.
Shep

Most Redding compatition s die sets are around 225 here. I thought about building a 25 Creed for my 1000 yard gun. But it really doesn't do anything my 6.5 doesn't already do.
Shep

that's not too shabby.
Mainly just curious! I already have a 260 and a 6 creed. Stumbled across a wicked deal on a short action so had to build something lol. Decided try the 25 creed and see how I make out

You do the fast twist barrel with 131 blackjack bullets. Blackjack told me they are using regular 6.5 Creed bushing dies for the 25. 6.5 seating die also.

Yes sir. Build is;

- terminus Zeus action
- ks arms 1:7 twist medium Palma 26"
- mpa comp chassis
- tt diamond
- heathen brake
- atlas cal gen 2 or mdt ckye pod

Have Redding 6.5 creed comp dies currently for this build, might need a 25 cal seater stem

Matt you are correct that everything is expensive in Canada. I had a reamer made up in 2014 from PTG with help from Broz on this site at the time. It has worked fantastic. Did my chamber and a friends. Both shoot the 215 right at 3000 FPS out of 26" Brux. Both are BDL with Wyatt extended boxes. The 215 gr at 30 thou off just barely fits. I mean barely.

Matt you are correct that everything is expensive in Canada. I had a reamer made up in 2014 from PTG with help from Broz on this site at the time. It has worked fantastic. Did my chamber and a friends. Both shoot the 215 right at 3000 FPS out of 26" Brux. Both are BDL with Wyatt extended boxes. The 215 gr at 30 thou off just barely fits. I mean barely.

oh wow!el what was the overall length?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.