BDC Scope for 300 RUM???

BADGER

This is my first Post on this great site and hope someone can help.Getting ready to build a long Range Hunting rifle and since I own 3 different Cal. rifles and 1 Striker Handgun in 308 all from Savage, and they all seem to be more accurate out of the Box than my other rifles I'm going with the Sav. 116 in 300 Rum.with the accu-trigger for long shots on Elk and Moose.
I've decided to go with the Ken Farrel Mount and rings ken farrell
and the LEU #56060 4.5x14x50 Mk. 4 scope Leupold The scope comes with 4 different BDC turrents calibrated for different calibers and since I travel alot Handloading is out of the Question.
Has anybody worked with a factory load in the 300 RUM that matches one of the BDC Turrents that come with the scope??...The only thing I am worried about is the 1" MOA click adjustments which has it's good and bad points.
Also any help on an aftermarket Camo stock would help.

Thanks

Badger!!!

that will be a tough one- the 300 rum has way better distance balistics than any of the 4 cams that come with that scope- I am guessing you will have to put the 300WM on it and spend some time at the range-
I have an Fn-Spra1 308 but the 30.06 cam is the closest match for the 308

good luck

shon

On the Leupold website go to the custom shop and you can order bullet drop compensators according to the caliber and grain bullet that you shoot.

Thanks for the help guys,I'll try the leupold custom shop if none of the cams work out.
I'll keep you informed on the results.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Badger..........

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.